Monday, March 19, 2012

Been absent

 So last weekend I got to enjoy a girls' weekend with my best friends!  We went to Beverly Hills and stayed in the Four Seasons.  Debbie is so generous to let us use some of her time there!  We threw Kristyn a shower for her baby girl coming soon. 
Then we decided to wear the headbands that Carrie got.  How cute, right?  Not!  They are definitely made for a baby!
Between running, eating and shopping, we stopped and got Kristyn's ears pierced.  She didn't even cry and she got a lollipop!  Ha ha
 I was enjoying the luxuries of the hotel.  Hello robe!
 We also went to Mass in Beverly Hills at a beautiful church.
 We also had to get a picture in front of the sign, right?
 Then we made a stop in Pasadena to see the Father of the Bride house.  Really cute neighborhood.
We ended our adventure with a stop at Fair Oaks Pharmacy with a HUGE banana split.  I love my ice cream, but even I tapped out on that one!

 I got back to real life with my crazy kids.  Back to scootering.
 Back to big wheeling with drifting of course.
 We made daisy wreaths too!
 For St. Patrick's Day, Micah's school had the kids create leprechaun traps.  He got really creative.
 Although he didn't catch a leprechaun, the leprechaun left a little gift.  He left some gold (Rolos), Sprite, and green beans just because they are green.  He also had to "wee" in the potty, but the kids hadn't read the note yet, and so I hear "Ew gross, diarrhea!" followed by a flush.  Oh well!

Micah really loved his gift and is looking to improve his trap for next year!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

You girls are so beautiful! I love that you all still get together. Sounds like a really fun trip! and holy cow! Micha is awesome at making those traps! I love the "Welcome" sign :)

Ryan and Laura said...

Hey Rachel! You are so lucky to have good friends like that. And your kids are lucky to have you to do awesome St. Patrick's Day stuff. Thanks for keeping up with me and my family. I know it's kinda wierd to say, but I love getting comments from you! I think we all love comments, but they have been sparse lately and it's another way, we stay-at-home-moms, feel connected to the world and other humans ;)

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Best girls weekend so far! You are so much fun, even when you're hangry :) Love the pics of the kids. Let's get the munchkins together soon! Glad you're back to blogging here, but I'm loving your OC Family blog.