Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Celebrate and cupcakes (again)

Let's recap! Saturday was Gavin's 1st b-day. I can't believe he is already 1! He got a big party with a BBQ and bounce house. The kids had a blast. I was able to drag them out of the bounce house only for moment to eat and mind you, they were soaked in sweat! Gavin is the only baby I know that didn't like getting down and dirty with his cake. He got his hand in frosting and he was done. Makes for easier clean up I guess. Happy B-day Gavin!Yesterday, I decided it had been too long since my moms group had gotten together, so I organized a cupcake day. We made creepy eyeball cupcakes and the kids loved them. Brooklyn was diving for any extra irises (AKA Gummy Lifesavers) she could find. My kids eat all the frosting off and then hand the cake part back to me and tell me they are done. Brooklyn managed to swindle three! I have to keep my eye on her!On a quick side note, I have a family member who is struggling right now. I don't feel it is appropriate to discuss the situation for their privacy, but would just ask for your prayers. Thanks!

2 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Wow- Gavin is one?!? Holy cow! What a cool party. Bummed we couldn't make it to cupcake making, but I hope to meet up with your moms group sometime soon.
Praying for your family member- its so hard when someone is going through something tough.
You're awesome!

Tanya said...

fun pics. it was a really cute party. I know the boys had a blast, Kevin really didn't want to leave that bounce house, lol...