Saturday, January 21, 2012

Giving into Passion

 So I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but Micah is OBSESSED with cars.  I mean obsessed!  They are definitely his passion.  After finding out that K1 has junior races, we knew we had to take him!
 So, on Wednesday night (yes, the middle of the school week), Chad packed us up and we went to Anaheim.
 Micah was excited, but to our surprise, nervous too!  He listened to the instructions from the official.
 They told him how the cart worked.
 He put on the racing sock.
 Dad helped him with his helmet and a little pep talk.  He got in his car and then hopped back out because he was scared.  Then the official said, just try one lap and see if you like it.
 This little racer took off!  He was a little slow at first, but in no time he was on lap 2, then 3, then 4....he loved it!
 This little girl was devastated that she was not tall enough to drive.  Sorry baby girl, you are going to have to eat those veggies stat to grow those last few inches. 
 A few minutes of tantrumming lead to this.  Out like a light!
This kid was thrilled to show us his scores and is already planning a return to the track.  We ended the evening with cones from McDonald's.  We didn't get home until 9:30!  Whoops, I guess that memories trump the whole responsible parenting thing.

5 Quick Thoughts:

Becky and Ben said...

You gotta let kids have some awesome fun every now and again (even if it's a school night). I can tell it was WAY worth it and something he'll remember forever. Now isn't that better than being a little sleepy for a day at first grade?! Love it!

Jennifer Dyal said...

I LOVE it! What a fun memory.

Ali said...

Aw, that's sweet that he was nervous. He probably thought- "I've been prepping for this moment my whole life. I don't want to mess it up!" So cute. How fun!!

Sarah said...

FUN!!! I love the look on his face while they are explaining to him...all business :) What a fun little treat

Roberta said...

Totally AWESOME!!!! You guys are GREAT parents and I feel so blessed to see who is raising 2 of my grandchildren!! What amazing pictures!!!