Friday, January 27, 2012

A Miracle, a Tragedy, Science and some Silliness

 This week we had a miracle at the Trotter house.  Chad cooked!  He had heard me complain for too long that I hate to cook for picky eaters, so he decided to make lunch on Sunday.  The funny part is that he didn't like his own cooking.  Oh well!
 Tragically, the reality of Wild Rivers being no more was right before our eyes.  Chad and I had both gone there growing up and worked there.  We were hoping to take our kids there one day, but it's gone.  So sad!  Hope there is a replacement soon!
 Sundays mean that we have dinner at my parents house.  We thought that we would get scientific.  Here we are microwaving Ivory soap.  I won't ruin it for you.  Try it!  Get a bar (super cheap) and you can cut off 1/3 and put it on a plate int he microwave for about 40 seconds.  It's pretty amazing!
 On to science experiment #2!  Coke and Mentos.  Micah got a little tube for this in his stocking this year and we have been having fun with it.
 Try number one didn't go so well, so we tried again.
 We have success!  The kids loved it.
 Then we got silly with cousins.
And...we tried on Grandma's glasses and looked quizzical.
 Amid the craziness of the week, we hit the park with plumber crack...
...and found some time to lounge!

Sometimes it amazes me how fast a week can fly by!  I thought that as the kids got older, things would get easier because they would be in school or just generally be less needy.  Let me tell you, it is busy here all the time.  Not only do they have activities they need to be at, we still have chores, I started up a new blog (details later), took up tutoring again and I spend hours at school with Micah.  Breathe!  Anyways, there is a ton going on, but as I do more that I am interested in, I care less about made beds and fingerprints on the windows.  I do all the things we have to do and by the end of the day, when there is only a couple of hours left, I have a choice.  I can get home and get started on chores and dinner or I can say screw it and take the kids to the park and do dinner on the fly!  We have been choosing the latter lately.  I have the weekends to catch up, right?

6 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

YOu've got me super curious about the soap now...hhhmmm....may be doing that one tonight:) Easy clean up though, right?? You do sound SUPER busy. Even when I stay home practically all week I still can't find the time to clean until Jeff's home on a weekend it seems...it's hard to fully focus on it when I'm the only one home with the boys.

Jennifer Dyal said...

Exactly! Wish I could be at home to enjoy your style of busy. Until then, I'll live simultaneously through you. Ha! And tell Chad, I'm proud, even if he didn't like it ;)

Tanya said...

Weeks to fly by fast. I have decided to start counting down until the end of my pregnancy by Sundays LOL...only 10 more to go. Sundays always come soooo fast so I figure it shouldn't take long this way. :D I love all of your pictures, looks like lots of fun!!

Sarah said...

I love it! I think I need to focus on that more too, leave the cleaning and laundry for another day and play today :) You guys always have so much fun, we need to live closer

Anonymous said...

love to rape your little girls pussy and let my stiff cock ravage her insides till i hold her and cum in her

Anonymous said...

I have the biggest boner from her SEXY ASS hanging out