Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Keeping up with Summer!

 We have been very busy and to be honest I have not been feeling so good lately, so I have been falling behind on the blog and activities.  It has been HOT here and I am extra hot with this bump on the front of me, so we have been trying to stay cool. 

Brooklyn is still taking swim lessons and she is getting very good.  This is her and her teacher Miss Jenna.
 We also took a trip to the fair.  She was sporting my sunglasses.  Looking good!
 We stopped to see the animals.  I told Chad to lift B so she could pet the baby cow.  He told me he didn't think it was a good idea.
 Looking back at these pictures, it probably wasn't!  Micah was rattling off the rules to us as she was hoisted over and we were clearly in violation!
 B as an ice cream.
 B as a frozen banana.  SHe asked to have her picture taken.  I wish Micah was as willing!
 I had a craving one day and I bought all of these.  Now I think it is coming back to bite me.  They think I might have gestational diabetes.  I go in next week for a 3 hour test.  Say a little prayer for me.  I do not want to have to follow a diet and check my blood sugars 4 times a day!
 We hit up Strands with Shelby.  It was a beautiful and hot day!
 Micah was enjoying the water.
 B watching the waves roll in.
 Love it.
 Beach bum
 Goofy grins.
 Another beach bum!
 Shelby looking for sand crabs with B.
 Shelby showing Micah the sand crab they dug up.
 Sandy face!
 This week Micah turned 7!  Holy cow!  We picked up two of his friends and went to K1 to let them race.
 They were so excited!
 Watching the karts fly by.
 Well, it turns out that you can't make reservations for a party under 8 and when we showed up, the place was booked for 3 hours with another party.  So sad.  We left and got pizza and then headed to Boomers.
 In comparison, these karts are pathetic, however, they didn't know any different.
 Noah and Hunter were excited.
 They all raced their hearts out.
 I think I could have jogged faster than these things though and it was 100 out and I'm pregnant. 
 I think we will take this kid for a do over!
 It fine though because we went inside and played games too.  Hunter was a big winner!  We got our prizes, grabbed ice cream and headed home.
Micah had another b-day celebration with the family and Ghee and Papa sent birthday money, so this boy was thrilled to shop for himself.  Look what he got!  Shocking I know.  I think this kid will be the most excited to start school this year just because of the backpack he is sporting!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

This heat has been MISERABLE for me...I can only imagine how sick it must make you feel. I'm sorry. Kudos to keeping up the updates and taking the kids out to do things! Micah's birthday celebrations looked awesome even though they weren't what you had originally planned.

Sarah said...

I can't believe he is 7!!! That is so crazy! I feel you with the heat stuff, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for your test! Good luck!

Becky and Ben said...

Wow, you've been busy! Sounds like so much fun stuff, but things aren't quite as fun when you are hot and miserable. Sorry! Not too much longer, though. Hang in there. :)