Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The big ONE!

Brooklyn officially turned one on May 14th! She has really grown and changed over the last year. Anyways, to celebrate, Chad took the day off of work and we headed out to Disneyland as a family. It was pretty crowded since a lot of schools are getting out for summer now, but we weren't in a rush. We strolled to the park (no tram for us) and enjoyed some of the mellow rides.

Lucky for me, my kids think of the train as a ride!

We also went on Pirates of the Caribbean since that line goes so fast. That was Brooklyn's first time on the ride not in a baby carrier. She clung to me for dear life!

We decided to splurge a bit and actually buy food at Disneyland. It was OK, but I wouldn't recommend the funnel cake! Around three in the afternoon...

Micah was done and so was Brooklyn, so we were done for the day and this is when you know it has been a successful day:

7 Quick Thoughts:

Cecily said...

Hey, I think of the train as a ride too. It's one of the best in the park!!

Katie Schultz said...

I didn't even know you could get to the park from the parking structure without taking the tram! Cute sleeping babies

Foy said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! I can't believe she is already one. Your family is co cute! Did you guys find a house yet?

Mommy of three said...

Looks like an awesome day! I LOVE the last pic - totally passed out.

SUMMER said...

A. Brooklyn is GORGEOUS! Can't believe she is already ONE!
B. I am loving your cute hairbows! You are SO talented! I think I may need to come buy some.
C. Where are you looking for houses? Do you have one now? Why not our neighborhood?

Roberta said...

Looks like a perfect day!! What a cute family! Could that be the proud grandma talking!!!

Janice said...

Sleeping kids in the car is totally a sign of a good time! Happy 1st Birthday Brooklyn!! It was great to see you on monday! we have an appointment with amy tomorrow eve... thanks for the referral!