Wednesday, May 27, 2009

B's B-day Bash

In the middle of moving everything we dropped it all to throw a tiny little bash for Brooklyn's first birthday. We decided to keep it small and basically just treated it like a glorified dessert since there was so much going on. She still needed to feel special, though, so here are some pictures of her day:

It was the princess's first birthday so of course we had a crown and a sparkly shirt.

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

The glorified dessert: Costco cupcakes, homemade frosting and ice cream. I think it turned out pretty good!

The birthday girl!

She was eating so fast the camera couldn't even keep up!

Look at that smile! She loves that teddy bear!

So messy, so sticky!

She was spoiled by everyone but she didn't notice much of it because she honed in on this stroller. She was glued to that thing for the rest of the night! It quickly made her a much better and more confident walker, though!

Thanks to everyone who came, especially our out-of-town Ghee and Papa who not only came to the party but were our Tetris champs while helping us pack our stuff into the storage container. I still don't know how they did it!

6 Quick Thoughts:

ashley said...

happy happy birthday!

Sarah said...

I can' believe she is 1 already!! I'm glad you guys had a fun time, she is so cute!

Brooke and Aaron said...

What a fun birthday bash! She's so beautiful!

Kristyn said...

Happy bday to the little B!

And I LOVE her tights in the D-land pictures!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Brooklynn!

Mrs. Case said...

How'd you get the cupcakes without frosting? I assume you special ordered. I have often thought about askign them to frost them in a specific color, just to see if they would. If they cooperated, I'd be all over it. I have not tried those cupcakes yet, though, because I fear they'd just be their classic muffins in disguise.