Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sick sick sick

We have been sick around here. Very sick. I came down with it on Thursday. The headache and then the sore throat. I think it is strep since that is what is what is going around here. Brooklyn picked it up the next day. She got the worst of it. Friday night she started throwing up, so we have been doing a lot of this:


I have also been doing a lot of laundry! Poor thing. Monday she was finally able to keep food down. I hope we are getting all of the nasty out and that we will be on our way to a healthy household.

I have been feeling off lately. Not sure why, just really emotional (not pregnant by the way). I think I need to find who I am again. I have been so wrapped up in raising my kids and taking care of my family that my happiness has fallen to the wayside. I need to find what makes me happy. It is kind of funny how I always wanted to get married, have kids, buy a house, etc. Now I have all of that and I should be so happy, but I don't think I dreamed beyond that. I'm kind of going, OK what now? Do I join a book club, get a job, find a hobby? I need to have goals. Things that I can measure. I know I am constantly working on managing my family and shaping these little ones to be good people, but that isn't something you get the results of for a long time to come. In the meantime I need something. Since I know the people that read this blog are close family and friends, I will ask you. What do you do that makes you happy or validated? What are your goals?

I am still looking for something fun to giveaway, so stay tuned for a giveaway. I will try to get back to blogging again. By the way, that is partially the iPhone's fault. My husband got me one and I am a little addicted. Just saying.

6 Quick Thoughts:

Brynn said...

I hope everyone feels better soon! We have been busy fending off germs for the last two weeks now...it is getting so old. Poor Brooklyn :(

And train for a marathon or something...I know lots of people do that when they are at a loss. I would run one with you, but, well, I don't really feel like doing that. Maybe next year :)

Or get a camera and get addicted to photography...that uses oodles of time and it can be really rewarding, especially when you get an awesome picture of one of your kids that you can obsess over for days. Instant gratification.

Good luck with your hobby shopping! xo

Ali said...

Sad. Your sick sounds miserable. Hope you're all on the up and up.

As far as goals go, I have far too many...and sometimes having so many alone gets me down cause I feel like I'll never get there. But when I do accomplish something small (like this week it was finishing a rhyme book for Evan, it makes me really happy). I agree with the comment above though- do something for yourself that you love- whether it be getting into photography, running, or even take a dance class- I can see you LOVING that and getting your groove on.

ps, I'm not a fan of your iphone.

Chelsea and Rusty said...

i love this picture! poor thing tho, i hope you all feel better really soon!

Chelle said...

I like the eunung suggestions. Thinking Ill start training doe the memorial day half If u want to
Do that. Pick something u like though. Alsohave fun things planned to look forward to

Roberta said...

Just wanted you to know, I think you are amazing!
Graduated from BYU, wife of an amazing man, mother of 2 awesome children, great daughter, sister and friend!!! I think you would enjoy the above suggestions from your friends, but you need to find what makes you feel good. You are such a decorator, maybe an evening class on decorating?? I always feel bad when girls such as yourself feels BLAH about themselves. You are so amazing, believe in yourself and get your nourishment from your best friend(your husband) and those sweet peas! Children at home does not last forever and then they are gone and you have all the time you want to do what you want to do !!! Thanks for your example to me and the love you show.

ashley said...

amen, sick of sick over here! hope your all getting better soon!
and i know how you feel, sometimes life as a mom is just bleh. we need outlets to help us find some happiness outside of the home, just to feel like we don't just do house/mom/wife stuff. i like the photo idea but running is a good one too. can you go to a gym and leave the kids in day care? working out is such a good break for me, but the babysitting does bring about more sickies! good luck!
and yes, i know what you mean about the lack of blogging too. sometimes i am just over it all! ha!