Sunday, August 14, 2011

Time's flying!

The last two weeks or so have just been going by so fast! We have been keeping busy. Last week, Chad took a Monday off and we went on a train adventure. We walked from our house to the train station down the hill and hopped on.

We were heading to Fullerton since we heard there was a train museum and the Old Spaghetti Factory.
The kids loved the train and I have to say it is not a bad way to travel.
Peek a boo!
When we got there, we discovered the train museum was closed as was half the town for some reason. Not to mention the memorial that was right outside of the train station for someone that had died the day before. We found out the hard way that Fullerton was kind of lame. We went back to the little Quickie stop and got some sodas.

I have great memories of getting to pick out my own soda with my family and I always chose Crush!
Micah went with chocolate milk.
Mmm mmm good!
Then we hit up the Old Spaghetti Factory. Fun atmosphere.
The food, not so good. We left earlier than planned and headed home. I thought the trip was a bust, but Micah said "This was the best train adventure ever!" I think it was a success!
Other things we have done have included playing with the phone.
Going out for milkshakes and getting them all over ourselves.
Going to the beach with friends.
And digging holes with them.
Going to the fair on a date!
And catching a Heart tribute band concert!
Meeting my friends new baby boy Nixon!
Having my baby boy turn 6!
We went to In N Out for lunch to celebrate. He is easy to please!
Brooklyn decided she should steal some ketchup packets in her hat.
We also celebrated friends b-days. B is having a meltdown and I think there is an extraordinary amount of blonds in this bunch, or is it just me?

3 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

isn't that the truth? You think the situation is a total bust, and the kids think it was the best day ever! I cant believe Micha is 6!!!! Glad you guys are having so much fun in these last few weeks of summer

Chelle said...

You don't like Spaghettie Factory's food?! I guess because you couldn't eat the garlic cheese bread?!?! I have a free train pass & am trying to figure out where to go with it...I wish it included San Diego. Maybe we'll just take the train to the beach.

Becky and Ben said...

The train sounds like fun. Isn't it hard to believe our boys are 6? Has he started first grade yet?