Sunday, September 11, 2011

Go Yellow Lightning!

 Saturday Micah played his first soccer game of the season.  He is on the Yellow Lightning.  Can you tell the kids picked the name?  Anyways, it was an interesting experience.  Micah as well as the rest of the boys had to be reminded over and over again which direction they should be running and kicking the ball in.  They're 6 and it shows!  The whole point is for them to learn and have fun.  I for one will admit that it is hard to let them run wild when I want to see them play the game.
 Coach Mo was so patient with them and got a quick practice in.
 Micah was having fun.
 The boys were playing against the Green Hornets.
 Go Micah!
They tried, but lost and Micah knew it, so there were tears after the game.  I don't know if Micah will be growing up playing soccer.  For now though, I love he is doing it and that it creates teaching moments that I don't think I would have otherwise.  He has to learn to play with a team, share, follow through, push himself and learn how to lose gracefully.  He is such an awesome kid!

1 Quick Thoughts:

Kristyn said...

Rachel, I think everyone is so behind on their google reader and posting themselves - I know I am! Sorry I never comment! But I love you to the ends of the earth, and think you're one awesome mommy!! No question. Micah is such a little stud out there on the field! Woo hoo! Even if he doesn't play as an adult, I love that he's into it now. Thacks has a hard time with any organized sport. :) So good for Micah!