Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Last Week of Summer

 My mom and dad wanted to take the kids out for an outing before summer ended and so they decided to take them out whale watching!  Brooklyn, Micah and Shelby all ready to go!
 Silly kids waiting on the dock.
 We boarded and immediately the kids were into it.  I wish I could have gotten a couple of shots without shadows on their faces, but every time I stood up, we hit a wave and I was having a hard time standing!
 B loved it too!
 Heading out of Dana Point Harbor.  We went a couple of miles off shore and we saw so many neat things!  Tons of dolphins and their little babies.  There was also a big group of krill, so we saw 8 whales coming up to feed!
 I think my mom was as excited as the kids!  She was running around the deck with the kids and binoculars.  Poor Shelby got sea sick and I clung to the rail and watched from there.  Two hours in the sun at 7 months is tiring, but we did have fun!
 Dad took the day off to spend with his grandkids.  If you know my dad, you know he loves his grandkids, but he also is a worker, so it was a sacrifice for him to take time off.  Thanks mom and dad!
 I'm still nesting.  Yay!  Ok, not really, I am driving myself and my family nuts!  This was B's disaster of a room.  I emptied out her closet to get it ready for a new organizer. 
 My brother and Chad worked on putting it together this weekend.  I'll have to take pictures of the after.  It is SO much better!  I even have more room left.  My bro did most of the work.  I just kept him company and got him drinks.  I love that there are handy people in the family!
 This morning I got Micah up and out the door for his first day of second grade.
When did my handsome boy get so big?  I hope this year is great for him!

0 Quick Thoughts: