Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lessons learned

As a mom, I am always learning. My poor kids have to deal with my trial and error tactics most of the time. I think that is the way most of motherhood is though. Really, how many of us got an instruction manual with our kids? Even the best of advice from the most experienced mother just may not work for you and your baby. So again, I think most of us learn that way, or at least I would like to think so. Anyways, in the last few days I have learned a couple of lessons I would like share, so you won't have to learn the hard way. Basically, I am telling you the stove is hot because I just burnt my hand!

Lesson 1: Do NOT let your three year old drink Activia. It doesn't matter how much you think it might be like Dannimal yogurt drinks, it's not. The drink is designed to help regulate constipated people. If your kid is already regular, the results are unpleasant.

Lesson 2: Do NOT feed your one year old a Fiber One bar. It's not a granola bar. It's just not. It doesn't matter how much they seem to enjoy them. That label that says it has 35% of your daily fiber is calculated for adults, which means it like 2000% for a one year old. Of course this will happen on a day when your diapers and wipes are taken out of the diaper bag.

Lesson 3: A Target bag makes a great liner on a drive home to prevent an leakage from a "regular" one year old.

I think I will leave it at that.

10 Quick Thoughts:

Chad said...

I will leave it at this: "BOOM"

Mommy of three said...

LOL!

Marcella Deter said...

i REALLY enjoyed that story and feel like i can totally relate to it :)

Tanya said...

lol, so funny. good to know :)

Valley Girl said...

why do you have so much digestion assistance products around? Are you having problems... obviously the kids aren't. Poor rach...cleaning all that up over and over can really leave a mom "pooped" LOL

The Burnetts said...

I know all about being elbow deep in baby goop (of all kinds :) Sooo sorry you had to join the sisterhood (yet again). At least we can share our not-so-pleasant stories - and maybe one day laugh at them...not today, but maybe one day!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

I'm writing these lessons down in my mental notebook. You are too classic.

Sarah said...

That is so funny!! I think I need one of those Target bags after reading this post!! Here's to Lesson's learned! :)

The Nomadic Browns (Jessi's) said...

Oh my goodness WOW sounds like a FAST ride home you poor thing.

Chelle said...

LOL. At least your bad day is making alot of laughs, right?