Monday, July 27, 2009

Staying busy=Staying sane

Or maybe not... Anyways, we have been busy lately and it makes the time pass by faster because it is much more fun and pleasant to have the kids out and about! So Friday Micah started swim lessons at the house. My mom won the lessons at a church auction from a girl in our ward. Micah is already doing better and has several more lessons to go. In the meantime, Brooklyn kept herself busy in all the pool toys!


Later that day, we met up with some friends from our play group at the Marine Wildlife Sanctuary in Laguna Canyon. We got to see the sea lions and seals (which I finally figured out how to tell the difference). They swam and played, were fed and trained. The best part is that it is absolutely free. We just brought some change to donate!


Saturday was CRAZY busy and I was spent, but I couldn't pass up taking the kids to Pioneer Day! Micah loved playing the games and winning candy. I loved the snow cones. I had three! It was way too hot though and had to sit down because I was feeling dizzy. I'm just glad I didn't pass out!
Fun weekend, but exhausting for sure. I was looking forward to Sunday. As a kid I would dread having to keep the sabbath day holy because that meant no shopping, no sports, and not play time. Now I love that I have an excuse to have a quiet day without spending a dime or having to run around town to different activities. It helps me recoup from the last week and gear up for the week ahead. I love Sundays now!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

What a fun weekend! Can I come hang out with you guys?! I love the snow cones too!! Yum!

Mrs. Case said...

We are, in a word, TERRIBLE at observance on Sundays. Like, really, really terrible. Every week we say we're going to do better and the next thing you know we are working around the house. And yet, things are always a mess again by Tuesday and we only have one "kid" at home, LOL.

Ali said...

Micah looks more than thrilled to be having swim lessons! How fun it must be to watch him :) So sweet.

Chelle said...

So, what do you actually do on Sundays while you're keeping them holy? Just curious, because we always end up at the park, doing laundry, watching non-church movies or having family over & the first 3 may or may not be Sabbath approved. What is this Marine life thing...is it always free? it looks fun.

ashley said...

i go crazy when we stay home, it's so much better to be busy! that place in laguna sounds rad, i want to go there!

and, over at the good day sunshine blog we started a flickr photo pool and i want you to join! you are a crafty-er than you give yourself credit and we would love you to share what you make! so check the blog for directions!