Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Crafty Christmas

Today we finally got to do something that was just for the kids. With the weather being cold and rainy and Christmas shopping along with day to day errands, we have had very little play time, but we changed that. I organized a craft for my mom's group at a park near by and we had a lot of fun. As we waited for our friends to arrive we played and played.


Then we got crafty. I bought sugar cones, frosting, and different kinds of candy. They all came together to make a cute and very sugary Christmas tree. The kids LOVED it! If you have small kids, you should try it. If you are near me, I have some leftover, so call me and we can make more!

Oh and I will try to get Chad to do a random post next time!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Mommy of three said...

I am SO SORRY that I flaked on this playdate. I was really looking forward to it, too :( My mommy brain just forgot because I unexpectedly babysat in the afternoon for a little while. I hope to see you at the cookie exchange :)

Cecily said...

I had never seen these trees before Jack brought one home from school yesterday. What a great (aka easy) idea. Thanks for sharing:)

The Burnetts said...

that's super cute...wish I would have seen this post before I taught preschool last week - it would have been a hit! Also, wish we lived a little closer and I'd stop by to make some more with you.