Friday, December 4, 2009

Tacos and trees

On Wednesday night we made it a family night in. I made tacos a little differently and Chad LOVED them. The secret: when the meat is still raw, add about two tablespoons of tomato paste and the taco seasoning, then cook it up. Chad is a taco enthusiast, so for him to like the ones I made, I was excited! Anyways, after dinner the tree went up! Since it was getting late, Brooklyn had to go to bed. I know, we are such mean parents! Micah, Chad and I got to work putting up all the ornaments. It is fun to bring out the old ones that have memories from years past. They come from different stages of our lives and from friends and family members. I think that is one of the best things about ornaments!

Micah proudly points to the ornaments he hung.


My camera was on a funny setting and I got this. I thought it was kind of cool.


Oh, and don't you worry about Brooklyn missing out on the tree trimming...she makes sure to pick ornaments off and hang them back up again all day long!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Mrs. Case said...

kids are the best part about christmas

Ali said...

OOoh, I like that crazy tree picture- so pretty!

Mommy of three said...

Beautiful tree! So fun to see all those memories in the shape of ornaments, isn't it? I pick out a $1 frame ornament for each kid each year, so we can see how big they've grown in their pictures :)

Janice said...

your tree looks so pretty :) Hendrix ahs been pretty good about not toughing the tree.. i am surprised! At least brooklyn is taking her turn putting up ornaments.