Thursday, December 10, 2009

"Preschool" Graduation

Micah's "preschool" had a graduation for the class today. We were excited to see his little graduation ceremony. Chad took a little time from work to meet us there. The teacher stood in front and called them out one by one. When they got to Micah, I got my camera ready, but no one came out. There was a pause and a teacher at the back of the room said, "He's not coming." What? I wanted to see my kid in his little cap hold up his certificate and get a round of applause. I started making my way to the back as more names were read off. When I got to the back, Micah was in a corner unwilling to come out. Hello, does that say Chad or what? I tried to encourage him to come out and told him that daddy even came to see him. He only got further from me and ended up inside the bathroom! I know my boy well enough to know that the more you push, the less likely he will be to do it. I decided to leave him alone and sat back down. Finally, after all the names were read, Micah made his way to the front. No cap on, no certificate to hold and wouldn't stand, but hey he was there. At least I got that one!

Here he is admiring the cap he made.

I got one shot of him looking at the camera. I think that is because his friend is forcing him to!


After the ceremony, they told us to go out to the play area where they had set up treats. So we all went out and snacked, and the kids started playing on the playground. One of Micah's classmates had an older brother show up for the graduation, and this older boy came up to Micah and started talking. Here is how the conversation went:

Him: "Hey you! What's your name?"
Micah: "I'm Micah."
Him: "Oh. Do you know Joseph? He's my brother."
(At this point the older boy runs away to play somewhere else and Micah chases after him)
Micah: "Hey wait! I want to play with you!"
Him: "How come?"
Micah: "Because I love you!"
Him: "Okay. Do you want to climb on this?"
Micah: "Sure!"

I thought that was pretty cute. He's a great kid! Congrats, Micah!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Mrs. Case said...

I love his dress shirt. who says there's no cute clothes for boys? :)

lauren said...

Why did he have graduation in the middle of the year? Clearly i dont check blogs that often because I think I won your contest last month and am just now figuring it out.... Sorry It's a little crazy for us right now. Anyways that is so funny that he would not come out!

Russ and Debbie said...

so cute! so does he graduate again in the spring? is he on a semester program? :0

Becky and Ben said...

Kids are so funny. I couldn't believe he would do something like that considering he is so outgoing. You just gotta love all the quirks of their personalities.