Saturday, March 5, 2011

GSD

I don't know if you know what GSD is, but that is what Chad says when we need to "Get Stuff Done." That is the G rated version of it at least. Don't worry, Chad has a G rated mouth. Anyways, I have been trying to GSD around here. The other day I got the kids pictures taken. I got a free session, so heck why not? I have a few friends that are photographers, so it is fun to get to try them all out. Let me know if you need a referral!


I have been working on a couple projects. First was this dresser. I was all excited because the shape was fun and it was free. Well, the top was warped (probably from water damage), so I sanded it down only to realize that it was all veneer and I sanded through to particle board. Then as I was cleaning up the drawers, I realized the moulding around the drawers was all plastic. I went ahead and primed it. Then, using the same brand paint as primer, I painted. That is when the primer crackled and bubbled and the paint beaded up. So weird. Anyways, I have had enough. Time to move on!


So, onto gardening! After almost two years of living at this house, I am finally getting around to planting a garden. We have had an empty planter by our front door and I have been wanting to plant it for a long time. Truth be told, flowers add up quickly! I went to the store and asked for shade plants. I have to say that I think that the full sun flowers are much cuter, but I think I still found a lot of cute ones. I found Gold Dust, Calla Lilies, Foxtail Fern, Primrose, Pansies and Winter something or others. Spring has sprung!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

I love "GSD." And your planter looks so great- you have quite the green thumb!

Ali said...

Love your little garden! Sweet pictures too. I'm glad you guys are through your serious sickie week(s?). Sounds awful. Having fun with GSD and being healthy again!!

Roberta said...

Garden looks amazing!!!
Chad sounds like someone else I know, "GSD" were famous words at our house! "You want what?"
"I have to do what?" But it is always worth it for sure!! Pictures were very cute!!

Tanya said...

your planter is awesome!! that stinks about the dresser though. When is micah's spring break you all should come up and play at our brand new park or ride bikes around one afternoon...let me know if you would be up for it??

Becky and Ben said...

OMG, Micah looks so old! I can't believe how fast our kids are growing up. Sometimes I don't feel like he is looking/getting older until I look at pictures from a year ago.