Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Royal Butt Kicking

I finally went to bootcamp. Thursday morning I woke up at 5:40 and headed to the gym. I have been wanting to get myself in shape for a while, but when you have been less than active for a while, it is painful to get back into the swing of things. Well, the bootcamp started and not wanting to be the lamo, I tried my hardest to keep up with it all. I was putting in a good effort and feeling pretty proud of myself when I found out that I was only doing the warm up! Ahh! I pushed myself, but my muscles weren't liking me. There was one big guy there that at one point laid down on the floor huffing and puffing. Oh how I wanted to join him! I decided to keep my suffering hidden. I made it to the end, but not without feeling like I was going to barf. Really. I can't believe I have let myself get so sedentary that when I do get up and moving I am as bad as the contestants on Biggest Loser!

I knew I was in trouble when I was sore right away. I don't know about you, but soreness for me fully ripes at about 24 hours out from a workout. Fast forward to Friday morning...um, I couldn't get up. Literally, I went to sit up out of bed and my abs were so sore, I had to roll onto my stomach and put my legs down on the floor first to get up. Trying to get my shirt off and even turning the steering wheel while driving is painful. Here I am writing about this on Saturday night and I am still hurting. As much as I would like to just give up and avoid the pain, I know I need this. I am back on the ball for Monday morning. Pray for me. I need it!

2 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

I am so with you- I tried jogging on Friday and immediately my thighs were crying :( Does it make it better being in pain together?

Chelle said...

I get sore 24 hours later too. When I went to visit Val is did the gym with her & I did half her ab routine. I couldn't flex my abs without crying for about 4 days. Good thing we all look good even when we're out of shape ;)