Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's Day

I had a pretty crazy St. Patrick's Day. I had plans in mind ahead of time because I wanted to make it a little special. I was thinking Lucky Charms for breakfast (a treat for us), fruit rainbow for Micah's class and special shirts for the kids so they don't get pinched. Well, we woke up late. I'm talking 8:56 a.m., which means I have to have Micah at school in exactly 19 minutes! So by some miracle I am able to get him to school on time, however, his Lucky Charms breakfast was now a to go meal in a plastic baggy being scarfed on the way to school. Brooklyn's ended up like this:
I was so behind that there wasn't time to get dressed, only time for a quick diaper change and clothes on this kid. We headed to the grocery store because I knew Micah really wanted the fruit rainbow for his class and I wanted to do something special for him. I got the fruit I needed, headed home to cut up the fruit and arrange it and it turned out cute, then returned to his school still in my pajamas to deliver it.
I got home with enough time to put away all the folded laundry, major clean up and finally got breakfast at almost noon. I headed back to the school to pick up Micah (still in pj's). The fruit rainbow was a hit with the kids. Yay! I just wanted to get a picture of the kids (with their friend Noah) in the shirts I made them. I was a little antsy at that point and I think I yelled. Hope they forgive me!Did I forget to mention that we had a leprechaun use our potty and forget to flush? They pee green. Micah said that he must have peed in our dinner too because we ended the night with chicken and green rice, green peas, green pears and green apple juice. Yikes, these kids are going to have some strange pee themselves!

It wasn't the St. Patrick's Day I had envisioned, but it was successful! I got in some fun extras and I don't think the kids noticed or cared that I was in my pj's most of the day. They will remember that they got Lucky Charms (woo hoo), that I brought a special treat to school and that they had silly shirts to wear. I have to look at my life as perfectly imperfect. It can drive me crazy sometimes, but I am blessed!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

perfectly imperfect...that's a mom's life! :) Well put. I love your fruit rainbow- adorable! ...and the shirts you made for the kids! You're so good.

Sarah said...

How fun! Crazy, yes, but you are still super mom and I don't know how you seem to do it all! I love the fruit rainbow and the shirt! SO cute!

Tanya said...

way cute pics...st patty's day is a fun one to celebrate :D

Chelle said...

Umm..you're giving yourself a hard time when you MADE shirts, brought an swesome treat to school & had a themed dinner?! I'd say you rocked it!