Friday, October 21, 2011

How to get designer jeans for free...well practically

Guess what?  I got a pair of True Religions and Joe's Jeans for Brooklyn for free!  OK, well not entirely, but practically.

I do not have an endless budget, but I do like nice things.  I will not sacrifice my budget for clothing.  I won't go into debt to buy clothes (especially for kids clothing that is outgrown in no time).  I also can't pay full price for pretty much anything.  It makes me a little sick honestly.  I have to work my options.

Here is what I do.  I have a local second hand store that I really like.  After my kids outgrow their clothes or even toys, I bring them in and they give me store credit.  I browse for a while and find the best brands with the least wear.  Usually the good stuff is near the cash register, but check the racks too!  I got these two pairs using my store credit.  As an added bonus, they give you another 30% off for using store credit.

What is nice is that I don't even bring in my favorite clothes to get store credit.  I bring in the ho hum things and use that.  I get their best items and then I can hold on to them or eBay them.  One time I got B a Ralph Lauren skirt there for free (store credit) and since her thighs were enormous at the time, it was just too tight.  I put it on eBay and the free skirt got me $32!  I kid you not!

Anyways, my advice to anyone trying to keep their kids well dress and stay well within budget is to make the most of your hand me downs and make them help your bottom line (and your closet!)

1 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

LOVE this! Will you take me kids shopping sometime? I need help :)