Monday, October 17, 2011

Wait, is it already next week?

 Holy Cow this week went by so fast!  I wish I could say it was all fun, but I can't.  Chad had a work project so twice this week he was pretty much up all night in LA.  Friday night he actually came home at 5:30 am on Saturday!  In the meantime, I was still busy with the kids and I had some friends pop into town.  We had a blast!  I realize though, that I am getting old.  I can't power through a sleepless night and I can't eat junk food without repercussions!  Here are a few pictures that captured the week.

Monday night is family night and so since their aunt had already taken the kids to the pumpkin patch, we had pumpkins to decorate.  We decided it was too early to carve them, so we painted them.  B went with purple (I added polka dots at the end which she hated) and Micah wanted a red one.  I tried to encourage another color, but he wanted red.  We added a spider and web to his and it turned out cool!


 One morning I took Micah a little early to school so I could treat him to Chic-fil-a.  We had a little extra time on our hands, so we ran around the park for a while and enjoyed the beautiful morning!

 Friday I went with some friends on a walk around the lake and my friend Carrie just happened to know the captain of the station that is on the way.  We stopped in and the kids got to check it out.
 Thacker could have set up house in there.  That kid loved it!
 Brooklyn thought it was pretty.
 B and A girl.  Can't get a decent shot of them at the same time.  One is looking this way and then the other looks another.  Oh well, they are three.
 Like I said, the kid was glued to that seat!

Tonight as I made dessert, I had this one all over it.  Who doesn't like getting the beaters?
Not pictured:  A favorite things party with the ward that was so much fun and a hit!  I am already looking for some of the fun things that people brought.  A sleep over (if you can call 3 hours of sleep a sleep over) with friends for Val's b-day.  A park day with all the kids and friends.

I'm tired and behind on chores, but it sometimes you need to push your routine and chores aside to just have fun.  They will be there when you get back.

3 Quick Thoughts:

Ryan and Laura said...

I want to know about your favorite things. Don't you and your group of HS friends do that too? I've also been wanting to ask you what the laundry detergent is you love? I remember you raving about one and I'm up to try something new. Hope you guys are doing well!

Ali said...

Your friend Carrie really does have all the connections, doesn't she?! You should do a post on the favorite things you learned about:) I have always wanted to do one of those parties ever since Kristin blogged about it...they look like so much fun.

Chelle said...

Wow..I missed 4 blog posts?! You have been busy. Did you take mIcah to Chick Fil A for breakfast?! You get Mom of the YEar for that...Kaleb gets a bagel in the car as I yell at him to hurry so he's not late. How fun that you got to be fashionista for a night. Sigh. Let's all get together & dress up cute & do something. I don't care what...I just want to play dress up ;) I love Brooklyn's Halloween costume. So cute!