Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day to Day and Mini Vacay

 Sunday was church.  I only put this picture up because my mom keeps asking to see B in the houndstooth outfit she got her.  Cute!
 This is Micah's take home from church.  In the foreground, we have baby Jesus in the manger, but in the back ground, we have a cop car and along the top it says "I Love Cops."  Not sure how much he is getting out of church...oh well!
 Monday Chad didn't have work and Micah was out of school, so we took a mini vacation to LA.  We headed to Westwood first and visited Chad's LA work site.  The view was cool.
 We walked around the town and looked at the shops.
 We stopped at Stan's donuts because we had heard about it on Diners Drive Ins and Dives.
 Yummy!
 We saw the Fox Theatre.
 We got some Korean food for lunch. 
 Then, since it was vacation and calories disappear, we went to Diddy Riese for another treat!
 Chad got shaved Ice and we got ice cream.
 Look, I'm in a picture!  I never seem to make the blog, so here I am!
 B just hanging out before our next stop.
 Olvera Street!
 We checked out the shops and got Micah a sweet Lucha Libre mask.  I think we might have to Make him Nacho Libre for Halloween now!
Then we threw pennies in the fountain and headed home.  It was a fun day!
Friday came around and it had been a busy week with school, appointments, music classes, errands, etc, so I thought we would take it easy.  I packed the kids scooters in the car and after I picked up Micah, we went straight to the regional park.
  
Things seemed to go well,  but I have learned that B is not a long distance scooter.  After a few minutes, she was in tears.
  
The geese were a fun distraction.  Hi Geese!
  
We took the shortcut to get to the playground and got goofy.  This was his idea.
Loving the "three slide."
Micah being Micah.  Being a daredevil is serious business!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

oh my goodness. I laughed so hard at Micah's baby Jesus and cop car coloring. Sooo funny:)

Ryan and Laura said...

Pretty sure Brooklyn dresses better than I ever will. And Micah looks so grown up! I hate it that kids get all old an sassy. Both of your kids sure are cute though!

Tanya said...

so fun, your westwood trip reminds me of my college days and countless hours spent studying outside the starbucks across from the theater (one night when I was studying Jack Nicholos showed up at the theater at night in his sun glasses, of course, he was older looking than in films. but there was a big hoopla and lots of limos and cameras and I got a front row seat at starbucks :D) and countless trips to Deedi Reece for ice cream sandwhiches! So much fun...wow I really miss LA :D

Becky and Ben said...

I love Brooklyn's dress! It must be nice having so much stuff around to do. Utah is so lame! I'm jealous!