Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Little Love

 So Valentine's Day was this week.  So the night before, Chad and I heart attacked the kids doors and left a gift at their door.  Each heart said something about them that we loved.  Micah loved it...
 ...but he wanted to show us how cool he is, so he rolled his eyes at us.  I know dude, you are WAY too cool for love!
 B missed hers when she woke up, so she had to go back and find them.
 She loved her necklace.
 B also got a Valentine from her friend Jake and it came with a mustache.  Can't help but try it on!
 Very sexy, no?  Wow, it is time to get my hair done.
 Micah wants to give you smoothie covered smooches!  Valentine's was pretty low key for us.  Probably one of the better ones actually.  Chad and I skipped gifts, got pizza, made an heart shaped ice cream cake and watched Top Gear with the kids.  Grandma and Grandpa even dropped by with Valentine's for the kids!
 Thursday President's Day weekend began, so we picked up Grandma and headed to Irvine Park to ride the railroad.  This is engineer Micah.
 Here we have engineer Brooklyn.
 We said hi to the ponies.
 We made instant friends with the other kids in line!
Then we were off!  The train ride was fun and even though we had plans to head over to the zoo, the weather got too cold and windy for us, so we decided lunch inside would be a better plan.  Thanks mom for the fun day!

2 Quick Thoughts:

Ryan and Laura said...

Such a cute idea for valentine's day. I was a total slacker this year because all the ideas seemed too overwhelming. I think I'll steal it for next year ;) v-day week is also a little busy around here with a birthday also. I look forward to your next article about dressing the kids cute for cheap. We are wearing through clothes like crazy around here with 3 boys!

Becky and Ben said...

Does Micah pick up the "I'm too cool for love stuff at school?" I always wonder where Brad picks up his new ideas of cool or certain attitudes toward things. I like the heart attack idea. Way cute!