Friday, June 11, 2010

Out with the Old...In with the New!

I keep saying how busy we have been. Honestly, my days have been so jam packed, I haven't really had a moment to breathe or blog. I keep thinking things will slow down, but I am starting to think that this is just my new pace of life. I think this is just typical of parents as their kids get a little older. We have so much to do and so many errands to run and play dates to make and of course the normal day to day chores and meals. I don't feel like I have the right to complain because I am blessed, but I have to tell you I am so tired. I could really use a vacation right about now!

Anyways, back to the title of the blog. I decided it was time to get rid of our old duvet. I've had it for about seven years and although it did the job, but it was looking worn out and needed to be retired. I think it will be turned into baby blankets soon. I fell in love with a duvet cover from Z Gallerie and rationalized the purchase by saying "I spend a third of my life in bed!" My mom said that Chad probably spend more than that, so it was worth it. I also got a box pleat bed skirt from Pottery Barn. Once again, I spend a third of my life in bed! I love it...

10 Quick Thoughts:

Marcella Deter said...

I absolutely love it! Great purchase!

Ali said...

Beautiful! I've been wanting a new duvet/bed set for a while now- Im so jealous! It's gorgeous- congrats and nice justifying- I agree. :)

Mommy of three said...

I love it, too!!! just gorgeous!

Katie Schultz said...

Is that your bed? or picture of what you bought. I love, love, love it, it is so sleek awesome.

Chelle said...

I LOVE it!!!! I love the actual bed & decor too! AFter re-doing kaleb's room I've been wanting to do ours, but I'm using self-control & waiting...although your justification shounds pretty good to me ! :):)

Sarah said...

I love love love it! Could you come decorate my house, that is when I get a house?! Happy Sleeping!!

Russ and Debbie said...

Looks great, I love it too! Doesn't it feel like you're turning a new page when you get new bedding? Love it!

Mrs. Case said...

gorgeous! worth every penny. man i love z gallerie!

Brooke and Aaron said...

What a find! I love how everything coordinates in your room. I wish I had your creativity and talent!

Chelsea and Rusty said...

very cute! i can't wait to buy cute things for my house someday....someday;)