Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Craft ADD

I LOVE to get crafty. It is so fun to see what you can come up with and create. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and I feel like I actually have a talent when I do those things. I don't play an instrument or run marathons, but crafting I can do! Anyways, I follow a ton of really cute craft blogs and I start getting Crafting ADD. Anyone else have this disorder? Here is a description of this disease. Upon visiting a crafty website one's project list grows, then a trip to the craft store yields about 90% of the supplies for each project, but there is always one or two items missing. Then when thinking about all the projects, one doesn't know where to start and procrastinates leaving many a craft supply gathering dust and one too many holiday projects waiting until next year to be thought of. I get Crafting ADD bad. I think I get it from my mom. Right mom? Anyways, I decided that what I need to do is pick one project each week to do. I need to just bite the bullet and get the supplies and just get it done. I think I might even put my project schedule on a calendar or on a sidebar here on the blog. In the next few weeks I have quite a few ideas in my head. Lucky for me, most of those projects only need one or two more items to get them done. That must be the upside to Craft ADD! Anyways, I was thinking about making these cute projects in the next few weeks:Let me know if you want to join me!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

So fun! I will love to watch your craftiness...me not so crafty, but maybe you'll intrigue me!!

Tanya said...

i know what you mean. I get a long list I actually have a folder on my desktop "to do crafts" it is crazy and yet I save the tutorial and pick up the things I need slowly but surely rarely ever completing the project until I am a mad rush to get it done for some unknown future reason...lol I understand 100%

Carrie Braunalicious said...

UHG! I have a case of beading supplies in my closet that are screaming to be made into SOMETHING. So annoying. Good for you taking charge and making a plan. I'd love to try the shirts with you- those are too cute!

Kristyn said...

I love the wreath! And yes, I have that disorder, but it runs into All Projects ADD. It drives Paul batty!! My Christmas ornaments last year? Never got done. Woopsie.

Katie Schultz said...

I too have Crafting ADD- It is at it's worst while sewing. I am making baby shower gifts and ruby asks me to make her a dress, so I agree and find it taking all my time, so I stop and go back to the baby present and think of a few other things I could make, and it starts to spiral out of control.

Russ and Debbie said...

Ooooh, I'm totally the same way too! Let's get together and craft away!!!