Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I need another week...

I had this great idea in my head for a craft. I started working on it and was looking cute until I thought "I should use a sharpie on it to make it stand out more." That is when my fun little art project started to look like a sixth grade poster.
I think I am going to head in a different direction with my craft. Maybe I will attempt it again one day with a different technique, but in the meantime, I need an extension. I think next time, if I am crazy enough to do this, I would cut out 1 inch squares from painters tape and then spray paint the canvas (after a primer). Then it would make for much cleaner lines. I think I will try to stick to a craft I know for now!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

It's so cute! I didn't know this was what you were coming up with and when I looked closer, I saw our names and thought- "what?!"...and then I realized. You are so creative...don't stress yourself over this! This looks good tome:)

Carrie Braunalicious said...

That is too cute. What about cutting out letters from magazines and decoupaging? But who am I kidding- you're the crafting expert :)

Kristyn said...

Adorable. So are you going to make one for me? :)

And how fund you're doing the pirate thing!! You'll love it! Can't wait to see how the rest of them go!