Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Pirate's Life for Us!

My friend Kristyn told me about this blog that her cousin writes where she read a book a day and has an activity that goes along with it. I am not as organized as that girl, so I am trying to do one here and there. This time we read this book:
It was really cute and we decided that we would dress up as pirates and go to a pirate park. Here is Micah in all his pirate glory.
I dressed up with them. This was my attempt at a self-portrait.

A few items from around the house can make a pirate costume.
Brooklyn hanging tough.
They are my landlubbers.
Then we dug for buried treasure.
We discovered chocolate cookies!
Yum!
Micah even started to grow a beard by the end!It was a fun and quick activity. We should have stayed and played longer, but we forgot to eat breakfast and the park was close to a busy road, so we made it a quick stop. Then off to the library for more book and more activities to come!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Kristyn said...

Fun fun fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! And it's easy, huh? Easy and fun, my favorite combination.

Tina said...

I like your outfit but it is not as good as your gangster one freshmen year or your slutty army one. :)

Brooke and Aaron said...

You're such a fun mom! Thanks for the great ideas!