Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A bust

Let me begin this by saying I screwed up. These last two weeks have been really rough on us. All of us got sick with this nasty cold and Brooklyn got it the worst. Turns out she has pneumonia. It makes her cough until she pukes and she is sleeping like a newborn. To top it off, Chad has been working crazy hours. We are worn out!

So last night, we went out to dinner and B spewed all over the place. Once we got home all clothes went in the wash, cut to the rest of the night being a blur and another nearly sleepless night with Brooklyn in the bed. I wake up at 8:30 feeling like I had been run over only to realize that the pants Micah was going to wear for his Fall Festival are in the washer and we need to be out the door at 9:20! Well, at about 9:15 I pull out some slightly damp jeans and throw them on him. He was not happy, but we didn't have time to deal with it. Out the door we went!
Well, at least one kid was happy to be there.
This kid was not! If you didn't think that slightly damp jeans could ruin a performance, you were wrong. If I am trying to shrink him, I think it was less about the pants and more about me not validating his feelings. I wouldn't pay for my advice though. Either way, I felt bad!
Pretty much pissed off through the whole thing. Wouldn't even wear the pilgrim get up!
Micah and Simone (his little girlfriend)
Even at the "feast" they had after, he wasn't all that happy. Lessons learned: Never try to do last minute laundry, always have a backup outfit and most importantly, he could wear polka dots and stripes next time as long as he is happy to be there and sings his heart out. Sorry bud, mommy screwed this one up, but next time should be a winner. In the meantime, I hope that the trip to the mall, with the extended time in the toy store, the Disney store and Jamba Juice made up for it. Love you!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Jennifer Dyal said...

Rach, I love you!

Kristyn said...

Oh, I'm just dying over his adorable cute sad face. Even when he's bummed he looks so cute!

And don't worry, Rach, he won't remember this day I'm sure!

Ali said...

Aw, that is such a sad face!! I could see myself doing the same thing...especially after a sleep deprived rough/sickie week :( I'm sure like Kristyn said, he won't remember it!

Becky and Ben said...

Ah, what a bummer day for everyone. I hope you all start feeling better and getting more sleep. We have having the same issues with everyone being really sick and Ben working an insane amount of hours. Ugh!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

I'm with Kristyn- is it wrong to think this is cute? :) He is the most adorable little mad-man ever. Lesson learned.