Monday, November 1, 2010

A Halloween Away

This weekend we went away to spend Halloween with Chad's parents in Utah. We had a great time and got so many pictures, I can basically write this blog in pictures...so I will!

Ghee and Papa were ready for us with a pumpkin to carve. Papa being the contractor, made his drawings first before cutting.
Brooklyn and Micah loved it and I even got to enjoy the pumpkin seeds. It was Don's first time trying them.
Then these two decided to take me golfing. I have NEVER golfed before and so I was learning as I went.

Chad wanted me to edit this picture so that the golf ball wasn't still sitting there on the grass ready to be hit. It's OK, I had many more swing and misses.
Here I am trying my hand at it. If you golf, don't tell me how bad my form is. I know. I suck at this game, but apparently, this is a widely accepted idea for golfers. Most of them suck and they are OK with that. I don't understand why you would play just to suck. I guess I am too competitive.
By the way, look at where my ball landed. On the first tee no less. Oh well!
By the time night fell, the jack-o-lantern had a candle in it. Can you tell the kids liked it?
The next day we all went to Staheli Farms. This place blows the Laguna Hills pumpkin patch out of the water! Five bucks a person and you can do everything in this place! We were ready to roll!

The kids enjoyed the maze.
Look at him go! He actually went through the maze twice, trying different routes.
There were these giant swings. Isn't that sky amazing?
There was a petting zoo with all kinds of animals.
Brooklyn loves animals and is still talking about the pigs.
There was this rope swing thing. We are not country enough to get it right the first time around.
The pig races were so much fun. Those things are fast and the kids were glued to their seats!
Then we were off on a tractor ride to the pumpkin patch.
Micah asked the driver to take a picture with him. He cracks me up!
The pumpkin patch was huge!
I think these two are the cutest pumpkins in the patch!
Walking with Ghee and Papa to look at all the pumpkins. It is funny that it is a real patch with the pumpkins actually growing on the vines. They aren't pre-picked and sitting in a bin or in rows like they are around here.
Brooklyn picked out a favorite.
My handsome boy. Even as sick as he was with a nasty cold, he had a blast and you would never have known he was sick!
On to more rides at the farm. These tire swings were Miss B's favorite. In fact, when we finally had to leave, Chad had to peel her off kicking and screaming.
The next day was Saturday and since we were in Utah, that meant it was Halloween! We got the kids all dressed up and headed to the mall to see the Wiener Mobile and trick or treat at the stores.
They had so much fun and even after the mall the fun wasn't over. We headed back to Ghee and Papa's house and trick or treated door to door. The kids loved it, but might have liked giving out the candy even more! We had a great time in Utah and loved spending a holiday with Ghee and Papa. Thanks for having us!

This video makes me laugh every time. I don't think that the turkeys are all that funny, but the kids reacting to them had me in tears!

7 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

It looks like a PERFECT trip! Love the picture story, and I'm jealous of the cheap and real pumpkin patch! I think I'll be dreaming of those extra large swings for a while. Those looked heavenly. (i love swinging)

Carrie Braunalicious said...

What a fun Halloween! Gorgeous scenery. And that video of the kids talking to the turkeys is priceless!

Foy said...

What a fun trip! I love all the pictures! You got some really cute family shots =)

Open and Shut Case said...

how fun! glad you guys got a chance to get away for the weekend!

Sarah said...

Love all the pictures! Great costumes! Looks like so much fun!

Kristyn said...

How fun!! The video was great, but really, your gobble gobble gobble was just as funny! Glad you guys had a fun trip!!

Tanya said...

so much fun. I love all the pics. You have such a cute family. It looked like tons of fun and I love the pumpkins still attached to vines...