Saturday, November 27, 2010

Keeping up with the Holidays

What a busy week! Tuesday was my b-day and I was spoiled. Chad got me a gift card to Nordstrom's Rack and I went and got a few things, then we headed to B.J's for dinner and saw the Harry Potter movie. I couldn't remember the last time we had a real date and it was nice to be just the two of us for a couple of hours.

Wednesday we celebrated my b-day with my family. We met up at Cheesecake Factory for dessert. It is hard to justify having a huge dinner the day before Thanksgiving!

Thursday we went to my mom and dad's for Thanksgiving. It was nice and very busy. We had about 25 people celebrating. I think we all ate ourselves silly and then ate some more!

I have to admit that this week was little hard on me. This is the week I would have been due with the baby I lost back in April. It was a thought that sat in the back of my mind. It made me a little sad. On the other hand, I don't know how we would have taken care of three with a strict budget, small home, during the holidays while potty training a two year old. I am seeing that maybe this was all for the best.

Anyways,when Friday came around we knew we were not going to be shopping. I am convinced that Black Friday is for nuts. Anyways, we got into our nasty garage and cleaned it out to get to our Christmas decorations. It took us hours and several insecticide sprays and bombs, but we did it! By nightfall, we were ready to light a fire and decorate. Decorating with a five year old and a feisty two year old is a lot less fairytale-like than I envisioned. Oh well, it all got finished and the kids seemed to have a good time.
Today, Brooklyn decided to use the potty on her own accord. She didn't actually go, but it was a step in the right direction. She even spent some time getting some quality reading in! I love how she still has her socks on.

3 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

She looks so content there on her potty! Your decorations look great! I need to get mine up SO bad...but you're right- it IS a lot of work. I hope you have a better next coupe of weeks. I know I can't relate totally, but I'm sure a miscarriage is something that never leaves you...especially certain times of the year.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Glad you had a great birthday- totally deserved!!! The house looks great and love the pics of Brooklyn on the potty.
I've been thinking about you recently with the timing after the miscarriage. It must be so hard to imagine how different life would be right now- and I know that you are such a great mom you would have found a way to make it all work no matter what else was going on. Hugs to you, my friend, and I'm always free for a walk or a hug :)

Open and Shut Case said...

happy belated birthday! glad you got to have a date night!!! here is a virtual hug since i can't give you one in person; like carrie, i have been thinking about you but have been sortve self-absorbed. sorry!