Thursday, December 9, 2010

Elfs and Crafts

So the other day I came along a blog where their family elf brought the kids their Christmas pj's early, so they can enjoy them for the whole Christmas season, rather than just Christmas Eve. I thought, hmmm....Charlie (our elf) that would be a great idea! So the next day, Charlie delivered. I told Micah to find where Charlie was today since he moves everyday. He found him and then I told him to look lower.
Lo and behold, our sweet little elf had brought pj's!
Micah is really playing it up for the camera. In reality, he wasn't really all that excited. Brooklyn was! She got pj's with a monkey on them! Man, those legs on her. can you believe they fit in skinny jeans?
Anyways, on to Christmas crafts. This one is super simple. Get root beer or sodas (since this is meant for kids) and glue the fuzzy red nose and googly eyes on the bottles. Take pipe cleaners and twist them around to look like reindeer. Simple and cute!
I thought of this one when I saw someone create a mustache cup. I thought, why not Santa's beard? I got the cup at Target for 2 or 3 bucks. At Michael's you can pick up paint called Gloss Enamel and you just paint it on. Let it dry for two days and throw it in the oven for a half hour. I will be keeping this one!
Last one I did was monogrammed ornaments. Super easy, can't fail craft. I went to Michael's and bought a four pack of glass ornaments for three bucks. Open up the top and pour in acrylic paint that has been watered down (about half paint and half water). Swirl it around until the entire bulb is covered. Replace the top, and hot glue a piece of marabou (the feathery stuff) around the top. Use a rub-on letter, which can be found in the scrapbook section, and rub on the letter. Choose a cute ribbon to go with it and you are done! This one is for my in-laws. Hope you like it Roberta!
This is Brooklyn's
This is Micah's

4 Quick Thoughts:

ashley said...

rach- your awesome! love all your crafts- that mug is awesome! and i love the idea of giving the pj's early!

Roberta said...

Yes, I love the ornament!! How fun and cute and sounds simple for sure! Can't wait to hang it on our tree!!!

Ali said...

Aw, cute mug! What a great idea! ...and thanks for the quick tutorial on monogrammed ornaments- those are sweet. I'll have to save that idea away.

Sarah said...

HOly Crafts! You are so amazing, seriously don't know how you do it all! And I LOVE the elf idea, what a great way to be able to enjoy the pj's all season, instead of just for a few nights!