Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Few of my Favorite Things

So I wanted to share a few of my favorite things, especially around this time of year:

I get pasty during the winter and this stuff helps me with a little extra glow. Plus side, some of them have firming cream in them and it smells nice!
Peppermint Bark! Yum, yum and yum. I haven't had any yet, but that is because I know that once I get it, I will eat too much. Anyone seen the big box they are selling at Costco for just 10 bucks? I had to resist and it was hard!
So I opt for these. They come in a smaller pack and are individually wrapped and Micah loves them, so I always have to share!

I ran into a bunch of "frugal living" blog recently and I am addicted (just a bit). The one called Totally Target is my favorite. I am at Target way too often and if I can save money in the process all the better. I found out about the Little People Nativity being half price and got Cuponk for $2 because of it.
My detergent. I know this sounds a little lame, but I love my detergent. It is the Arm & Hammer Oxiclean Power Gel and it rocks. It gets out stains like no other. If you spot clean with it, it is gone. I even pulled out old baby clothes and got out those gross yellow spit up stains with it. I haven't even mentioned the smell yet. I get people asking me all the time what I use because of its smell. Actually, the other day a friend of mine called because I gave her a shirt and her husband liked the smell of it so much, he had her call me to find out what detergent we used. Seriously, this stuff it great!
Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry sauce=easy and delicious dinner. I am not much of a cook. I am always looking for a short cut. I get this stuff. I cut up a little chicken, carrots, onion, and potatoes and let this simmer (adding chicken stock if needed) and serve it over rice. It is really really good.
Coupons! I have become a coupon cutter and user. I look forward to the Sunday paper and even have a coupon organizer. I never thought I would be the type to do it, but it is so fun to see the amount saved at the bottom of the receipt!
Christmas crafts are so much fun. I will have to post the crafts i just did. I always go for easy. I don't like when it asks for a lot of artistic skill. I can coordinate things just fine, but don't ask me to draw an elephant. I won't be cute! Instead, I made personalized ornaments, reindeer root beer, and Santa's Beard mug. Curious? Don't worry, I will show you later!
These kits are genius! I have to admit that even though I get them with the intentions of doing it with the kids, they are just too little to make a decent house. Shelby and I end up taking over. This year, I think I will buy them the Gingerbread Man Kit from Trader Joe's and let them have at it. I'll have to switch it for real icing though because the stuff they give you is just horrendous! Maybe I should set up this craft in the bathtub...

1 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Um yes, you have me curious about your christmas crafts!! I can't wait to see! Also, thanks for the detergent tip...the old yellow stains off of baby onesies? Those seem impossible! I'm impressed!