Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lately...

...Brooklyn has been throwing a lot of tantrums. I think in our family, terrible twos are delayed and we get them at three. So to keep my sanity we are getting out a lot. This is the meltdown she had when she accidentally let go of her balloon and it floated away. You would have thought she was being stabbed by her screaming! She has also thrown such tantrums for things like and toy not being shared, a sandal being left and so on. I am learning a lot of patience from her, but not without a tantrum or two throw on my part as well!
Well, it's May and we are ready for summer. The weather is warming up and we are hitting the pool!
I have water babies.
At the beach or in the pool, these kids love to play in the water.
Micah is a fish, so I only have to watch Brooklyn.
Hello!
Bathing beauty.
My fish with shaggy hair. I want to cut it SO bad, but he likes it.
Cannon Baaaaaaaaall! (Sandlot anyone?)
Did you catch in the first picture that B was wearing undies? She is potty trained now. I think I forgot to mention it. It happened so gradually and I really didn't dedicate myself to it, so I didn't feel like it was really "done." It feels more like it happened. She is great about going and we have had only one accident and that was two weeks ago! I am so glad I don't have to buy diapers anymore. OK she still wears them at night, but you know what I mean.
THE END!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Oh man. Seeing that tantrum picture makes me feel less alone. I knew tantrums happened at this stage, I just didn't know it would be a daily...(these days twice a day) occurence! Argh. We just got over a fit and now I have a (prob. hungry) but sleeping child in his room. It started at the post office and again, he was pulling my hair. Awesome.

Cute water babies:)

Foy said...

Love the pool pictures! Is that your backyard?

Carrie Braunalicious said...

How is it that tantrums make you feel like a completely horrible mother in the span of two seconds?!? Gosh darn those adorable kids. And yay for a potty trained B! She just needed to be ready :)

Chelle said...

if your terrible twos dont' start until three you're doing great. I think they usually start before two & last until 4. Yuck! I love your "the end" pic. So cute :) Good luck with the sugar thing. The first time I tried to kick sugar I was dizzy by the end of the week & figured I need it to survive :):)
PS Did you get Micah's easter shirt at Crazy 8? I have one just like it waiting for Kaleb to grow a little.