Thursday, May 26, 2011

Random Thoughts Again

I've been busy, but nothing seems to be major and therefore I dub it unblog worthy. Isn't that lame? Maybe I should make everyday life blog material by making everyday special. Don't hold your breath though, there are still errands to be run and laundry to be done. If I add sparkles into my laundry maybe that will make it special! ha ha, no. I think B would be the only one that would appreciate that!

Did you guys see the last Oprah show? LOVED it and although I feel a little silly saying it, I'll admit I cried. The whole show was really a talk on her philosophy on life, spirituality and inspiring others to see their self worth. It resonated with me. I feel like I need to work on that.

Speaking of, you know what bugs me? When people dismiss me or say things to devalue my work as a mother. I've had jobs. I've had easy jobs and hard jobs. This is by far my hardest job...bar none. I am the most influential person in the lives of two humans and just because the endless hours I put into this job doesn't come with monetary compensation, it doesn't mean I can't converse with you or that I am less worth while. Can you tell it bugs me? Yeah, just a little.

Micah did a Fun Run for school. We always called them Jog-a-thons. Anyways, during practice he thought it was a race and wanted to win. He decided that eliminating the competition (pushing them down) was the best way to do it. He got sent to the principal for that. Just for the record, that would be the third time I have heard from the principal this year. The first was when I sent him to school in sandals, the second was when he didn't come in right away because he was trying to help the "special" child off the playground and the last was pushing. The latter two are on his permanent record. Is it just me or that almost comical? Really, is that school that peaceful that we need to write up a kid for pushing?

I am tired of school. I never thought I would be as excited to have summer roll around as my kids. I am tired of the schedule, the homework and all the extra things. The thing I am most excited about is to have him away from influences that are unsavory. There is a kid in Micah's class that is all over Micah. Always wants to be around him, but he is kind of violent and uses bad language and then blames it all on the other kids. I know because I am there at least one day a week with B in tow and I see it all first hand. It is because of him that I have had to come down hard on Micah for using potty language and for saying things like kill, murder, guns, bullets, etc. I can't wait to have Micah away from him. Actually the only way I know I can keep him away is to switch his school, so that is what we are doing. We were lucky enough to get Micah into a charter school, so we are looking forward to him starting a new year with a new group of kids.

Sugar is my friend again. I tried doing a week sugar free again. This time I was much more successful, but I also was allowed to have fake sugar. I even got a little crazy and tried making a spinach shake with agave and chocolate. Um, gross. It tastes like dirty chocolate. Pas on that one. Well, by Friday I was done and I don't think I will have another fast any time soon because come Friday, I ate enough sugar to put a person into a diabetic coma! I think I am better at monitoring my sugar daily rather than cutting it out and allowing it on the weekends. I think I did more damage in one day that I would in a week. What can I say, I have a sweet tooth!

I was having a discussion with my mom and she was talking about food issues. I told her that I didn't think I had big food issues. Later that day I was telling her how I felt bad about eating M&M's, so I ate the rest of them while I held plank position. Wait a second, I think I was wrong. I might have food issues!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Marcella Deter said...

i love your random thoughts :)

Ryan and Laura said...

So funny Rachel- this whole post sounds like a conversation I have with my sister at least once a week. Thanks for always leaving comments to make my day :) Hope you hang in there.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

This is like all the girls night talks we've had in the last few weeks in one post and I love it! Your random thoughts are rarely random and are much more insightful and inspiring than you give yourself credit for. And I love the picture of you eating M&M's while holding plank. Classic.

Foy said...

I get you about the job thing. I could work my old job twice over each week and it still wouldn't compare to being a mother. I am comforted in the fact that I am in my divine role and try to enjoy every second(even the really hard ones)

Becky and Ben said...

Thank the Lord kindergarten is over!! I personally thought it was almost the biggest waste of time to have 2.5 hour long kindergarten and then have 2 hours of homework. Blah! Yay for summer! Let me know how that charter school goes. We've been thinking about doing one for Brad, but only because we think he might get a better education (stupid Utah schools!).

Chelle said...

Who is de-valuing motherhood? I figure they're the ones not worth talking to. Have you read "I am a Mother"? I loved it. I live with my parents because I think it's so important to stay home & sometimes it's not the easiest thing, but for now there is nothing I'd rather be doing! So...they even wrote Micah up for helping a special kid? That's weird? Was it a good write up? I think it's kind of funny that he was pushing kids so he could win the "race"...get that kid in football :) Kaleb got into the charter school too! I'll see you at the parent meeting...the public school is so close I'm not as happy about him getting in as I thought I'd be :)