Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Gross Story

Just to warn you, this is gross, but funny too! I am mostly writing this so that I can go back and remember it. I was surprised that I hadn't written about it earlier, but I think I was a bit traumatized by the day and didn't want to relive it. Lucky for you, there are no pictures. Here we go...

The other day I woke to Brooklyn making a little noise in her crib. Knowing it was later than usual for her to wake up, I quickly got up and headed to her door. I opened the door and went to greet her. As I walked in, I noticed her diaper was off to one side in her crib wet, but not poopy. Then I see next to her a pile of poop and as I look to her, I see that she has taken the poop and rubbed it in her eye and hair and around the crib. I approached her just as she is picking up her pacifier out of a pile of poo and puts it in her mouth! She immediately pukes. At that point, it doesn't matter. No time for freaking out, screaming or gagging. Strategy was the name of the game and with Chad gone and Micah up, I had to think of the fastest way to clean her and all her surroundings up. I grabbed her and put her in the bath clothes and all. Sheets went flying, bumpers were scrubbed, baths were bleached, hair was rinsed and I was grossed out! I will never put her to bed without bottoms again. Lesson learned!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Russ and Debbie said...

finally! i'm so glad you posted this! I told my parents tonight and everyone laughed so hard, but my dad seriously looked like he was going to throw up! it was awesome! thanks for sharing!!!!

Ali said...

I can picture it now- pop the poopy binky in, and out comes it and a follow up puke! Aw, it sounds so gross and classic! That's when it's go time! I'm sure it was the fastest poo-clean up you've ever done! Wow...

Brooke and Aaron said...

We had to duck tape Heidi's diapers on to keep her from throwing "it" around her crib...never had the puking though... Gotta love kids.

ashley said...

nasty!!!!!!!!!

Becky and Ben said...

That is an awesome story. I'm so glad you shared it.

The Bradys said...

hAHAHAHAHA I LOVE THOSE STORIES! ITS HAPPENED TO ME NUMEROUS TIMES!! LOL TOO FUNNY!