Thursday, September 3, 2009

Captain Gray Smile


This little boy had an accident. A few weeks ago, Micah was at my parents' house when he tripped and fell on the tile. He hit his mouth and went nuts! He was screaming and crying, so at first I was concerned. I went running over and checked him. There was no blood, so I just helped him calm down and thought nothing more of it. Well, the other day Chad asked me what was going on with his front teeth. I took a look at them and they are turning gray! That is when I remembered the accident. I took him in to the dentist the next day. Well, his little fall did a little damage. They took x-rays and told me that when he fell, it pushed his teeth back up in his mouth. This caused bleeding that went down into his teeth (which is making them look gray) and the blood is trapped. Lucky for him, things look OK. However, if things change (they get oversensitive or show infection) they will have to be pulled. For right now, he will just be Captain Gray Smile!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Mrs. Case said...

Ahhhhhh! Scary!!!

Ali said...

Oh how sad! I didn't know that your teeth could get blood IN them?! Crazy wierd. I hope they can remain until they naturally fall out!

The Bradys said...

Sooo not fun!!!! I had that happen to a few friends! At least he stil has teeth though!!! Hope they stay there! Tough boy!!!

Chelle said...

Oh my gosh!!! Will they be gray until they fall out or will that wear off? I hope they don't fall out. Crazy kids!

Janice said...

poor guy! In the mean time Captain grey teeth sounds like a fun name!

Becky and Ben said...

You know the same exact thing happened to Brad months ago. It won't be a big deal at all. So, don't worry!