Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happenings

Well, we have been busy around here. We always are since we have two kids and life is just busy in general. Some things are fun, others are crazy. Recently, I noticed that the carpet in Micah's room was warm (like it had just come out of the dryer). I knew this wasn't good. I called into my HOA and sure enough it was a slab leak. Lucky for all of us, it hadn't created any water damage, we wouldn't have to pay for it (community property), we caught it early, and they didn't have to dig into the ground to fix it. Even better, it wasn't the week of Thanksgiving or Christmas! Anyways, the leak has been repaired and now we are just waiting to have the drywall fixed. Yay!

Yesterday we decided was the last day for Brooklyn to have her binkie. She starts nursery on Sunday and I thought at 18 months we have had enough. I can see her teeth getting funky and she is far less verbal than Micah was at this age. So the binkie goes. We snipped the tip and don't let this funny smile on her face fool you. She was mad mad mad! Naptime and bedtime were difficult, but expected. Soon we should be done!

Fall is slow to develop out here, but we are enjoying more mellow temps. We love days at the park and here are the pictures to prove it!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

I love fall days at the park! Cute pictures, I can't believe how big Brooklyn is, she is growing up too fast! Good luck with the binkie! :)

Becky and Ben said...

Oh the binkies. Brad loved them. We only let him have them at bedtime. One day we just took them away. He asked about them for a couple nights. Then nothing. Ross never liked them. I haven't decided what to do with the next baby. I guess see if he/she likes it first, but I loved not having to drag binkies everywhere and having them drop on dirty parking lots...yuck! Anyway, your kids are so cute. You take such good pictures too!

Kristyn said...

Glad you snipped the tip! :) I know people to go a lot longer than 18 months, so kudos to you!

And if you have any family picture ideas for two boys let me know! I'm struggling with the same thing myself (and remember when I told you our last family photo was the summer of '07? Yeah, don't feel bad about your lag. In my book you're ahead of the game!)

Katie Schultz said...

Yes the binkie situation- that is actually nice that you can just destroy it by cutting it... lulu sucks her thumb and already has major spacing happening in her front top teeth, I am so nervous about the day we try to break her of the habit.

Chelle said...

Glad your HOA covered the cost...that would have been a horrible housewarming presant! Good luck without the binkie...hopefully she gets over it quickly. Cute park pics!

ashley said...

cute pics! good luck with the no picifier, that is so hard to do! hope she is sleeping alright!