Friday, November 27, 2009

Recap

So Monday was my b-day and I turned 27! It is weird to feel like I am closing in on 30. Anyways, Chad and I took the kids to Disneyland for the day...or so we thought. I really went to get my gift card so I could spend it on the kids for Christmas. I thought we could spend a few hours there, but the place was PACKED! I had never seen it so busy. The lines to go into each park in the plaza area were literally back to back. We went on Monsters and got a treat then headed home. At least I got to have TK Burger for dinner!

Tuesday was the day my family took me out to celebrate. We went to Riptide and did the teppan and sushi. They have amazing sushi! I opened presents and spent time with the people I love. It was nice!

On Thursday, (aka Thanksgiving) I ran the Turkey Trot in Dana Point with my friends Michelle, Val and Al. I hadn't officially signed up and was going to run it anyways, but Kristyn had to drop out at the last minute. She told me to run for her, so I ran as Mrs. Jackson (if you're nasty). Since Val can't do anything in an average way, she made us shirts and headbands to run in. It was fun, but I hadn't trained at all, so I am very sore today. Having done three years of track, I think my ego got the best of me and I pushed harder than I should have and now I am walking like the tin man! The lesson here is that unless you maintain, you won't have the same abilities you had "back in the day."

For Thanksgiving, we went to my grandma's retirement community and rented out the banquet hall. Everyone contributed with a dish or two and the food was delicious and plentiful. I have to say I am thankful for too many things to list here, but among my top ten would have to be the gospel, my family, freedom, health and safety. Hope you all had a good one too!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

It was fun running with Indian feathers :):) I am soooo sore too!! I also slept ALL day yesterday. My running days are ending for a while...it was fun ending them in style (or not...).

Ali said...

Happy Birthday! Very cute picture of the gals. I love the head-pieces! :)

Mike Johnson said...

Janica and I along with the Purles ran the 5k as well. I saw you. You and like 3566 or so people are faster then me!

ashley said...

happy birthday! i have not looked at blogs for a while and am so sad i missed out on your giveaway! love the bows you make, great work!

and i bet you guys were the best dressed at the trot- so so cute! hope your walk is normal again soon!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Happy Birthday!
I can't believe you ran without training- you are awesome!