Sunday, November 1, 2009

We survived Halloween!

We had SO many activities and parties that we were supposed to attend for Halloween, but I came down with a nasty cold and we cut that number in half. For a while, I was thinking that I might ruin Halloween for the kids, but I downed a lot of Vitamin C and although I wasn't 100%, Halloween was a success!

Friday was a whirlwind. Chad parents came into town and they immediately got to work on our house. Chad's dad is a contractor and so he was able to fix and change things in the house that needed work. You would think his mom was too since she was right along side doing the work. I got to use some power tools and reassemble a cabinet, but otherwise, I was more of a conversationalist. I cannot tell you how much work they did and how nice it is to have it done. To name a few, we have knobs and pulls, Brooklyn's door closes all the way, we have a peephole on the door, a keypad on the garage and cabinets securely mounted. It was a HUGE help!

We got to take advantage of having Ghee and Papa down by carving pumpkins together. The kids had fun for a couple of seconds and then Ghee was left to carve it on her own. It turned out cute!

In the meantime, I was getting Carrie's famous chili ready for the ward Chili Cook Off and Trunk or Treat. We got dressed and ready with cranky kids and all. It was a lot of fun for all and I actually won an award for the chili. It got the Burn baby Burn award. it must have been the hottest one there! The kids had fun going car to car to get treats and it was a good practice round for the next day.

Saturday came around and we were ready! We got the kids dressed and ready. Micah was Handy Manny and Brooklyn was a Pretty Kitty. They both looked adorable! Brooklyn loved trick or treated and had it down in no time. She would climb the stairs and pick out her own candy. Micah was done after 10 minutes. At that point, he told us to hold his candy and say "trick or treat" at the door. I knew it was time to go! We had a good Halloween and now for more Holidays!

8 Quick Thoughts:

The Burnetts said...

fun! I love Halloween and then I LOVE that more holidays follow close behind! Your kids looked adorable! I love the black tutu!

Ali said...

What a sassy little kitten! What fun outfits...so glad you got some much needed help.

Mommy of three said...

I love the costumes! Glad to hear that you're feeling better. We missed you at the Halloween party. Hope to see you soon!

Tanya said...

cute costumes, looks like lots of fun and it is always nice to have help!!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Costumes are adorable! So glad you're on the mend, and that the chili recipe turned out well!

Becky and Ben said...

How cute are they?! I love the costumes. Sounds like you had a crazy go-go-go weekend. Hope you're able to do a little resting now.

Valley Girl said...

I'm glad your feeling better.

your kids costumes are adorable... i am in love with the pretty Kitty.

Foy said...

I love Brooklyn's smile in that first picture. Your kids are so cute!!