Monday, May 17, 2010

A little celebration

I'm running behind here. This weekend wasn't much of a weekend at all. Chad worked the majority of it, so we are all tired and now gearing up for another busy week!

Let me just do a quick update on Brooklyn's actual b-day. I wanted to have a real b-day cake for her. I bought this cake mix that makes 12 cupcakes, so it is about half the size of a normal cake. I didn't have cupcake papers and I wasn't sure what to do with just one round cake. I got my creative juices flowing and I thought, why not a rainbow cake? So that is what I did...
Cut the cake in half and set it on it's side.Frost the cake and get your handy four year old to separate the colors out for you. Micah did this without even eating one. Can you believe it?Then you place the Skittles on around the outside of the cake and there you go!
Other than that, Brooklyn got a sand and water table from us that both her and her brother are loving. I think they will be spending a lot of time in their bathing suits in the backyard!
P.S. I thought I would leave you with a quick dialogue.
On our ride home in the car.
Micah: I think I need a treat.
I looked back to see him holding up a chocolate graham cracker.
Me: That's fine buddy. (He begins to eat it) Who gave you that?
Micah: I found it over here. (Points to the side panel on the door)
Me: Uh, that is probably pretty old.
Micah: Sometimes I like to eat old food.

9 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Super cute cake! I love it! Good job on the sorting Micah:) I would love a water table...one of those things that I put on the "someday when we have a house" list! Looks like fun!

Chelle said...

I love the cake idea..it's so cute! What a fun presant...those always look so fun. I just posted a Dland pic with Micah & Brandon smiling cute & Kaleb staring into space.

The Burnetts said...

what a cute cake! I don't have creative juices...I just have to steal other people's ideas. I think you're awesome.

Brynn said...

Cute cake! And I am dying to get Brooklyn and Sawyer together for a play date, I have just been so busy getting ready for the baby and working on my photography that I haven't had a chance to escape :-/ I am shooting for Tuesday or Thursday next week, so hopefully one of those days would work for you :)

Carrie Braunalicious said...

LOVE the cake! You're so creative. That water table is awesome. Heart you!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Hey, sometimes when I'm really hungry I eat the leftover crackers off of Grace's high chair before I clean it up. I know it's embarrassing, but I'm pretty sure they are from that meal since they're on her tray. I love your rainbow cake. We may have to try that next time around. Oh, and I LOVE your sand and water table. I think we should drive down to your house just to play with it!

ashley said...

my mouth is watering, i want skittles! cute cake, love that you made it up on the go! happy 2nd B! time flies!

Becky and Ben said...

Micah is so funny. I love all the stuff he says! And you are way too creative! I'm so super jealous! I love that cake and I want to eat it now. Like right now!

Ms.Me said...

Seriously you are amazzing that is such a cool Idea!!!