Monday, May 3, 2010

Plans

So I have some plans in mind. The first has to do with Brooklyn. She is turning two in just two weeks! Holy cow how time flies! Anyways, I was planning on having her b-day party on the 15th (the day after her actual b-day), but since I knew her Ghee and Papa were coming down from Utah the next week, I put it off so they could be there too. It is going to be a tiny party, but I like doing a craft or two to make it cute. I am thinking this will be a polka dot themed b-day party for her. Chinese lanterns will be hung, colorful dishes and napkins, and I am thinking I will make a barrel cake. Michelle tipped me off to this and I think I can do it. Should be easy and cute!Another thing I am excited about...Micah's car room. OK, so my last home improvement project was a bit of a disaster. Who knew it was SO hard to match ceiling paint? I guess I will leave that to the professionals to do! Anyways, I have been looking for a car graphic that I thought would be fun for Micah's wall. He is obsessed with Mustangs right now, so I found a picture that I liked and my brother in law (who I didn't know was so talented) was able to translate it into this:
I am excited to paint it up on his wall above his bed. He will LOVE it!

6 Quick Thoughts:

Tanya said...

the cake Idea looks super cute. Brooklyn will love it and everyone else will enjoy the yumminess and your craftyness :) I can't believe she is going to be 2 already!

Chelle said...

If you want the link Ali sent me with the idea for the cakes it's http://texasmonkey.blogspot.com/2010/04/dress-up-cakes-without-stress.html she did some SUPER cute ones. I just went for cheap & easy though. I'm excited to see the car painting when you're done!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Fun! I LOVE projects! Maybe that's because I think of them and Aaron does all the work! Brooklyn's party sounds great too!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

I LOVE that cake- too cute! And the car will look awesome in Micah's room. You're a great mom :) Can't believe the girls are turning two! Hugs!

Roberta said...

I am so excited you are having the party a week later so we can be there!!!! WOW!! I feel very lucky to be able to be there! Thanks so much!! See you on the 20th! Love you guys tons!

Roberta said...

Everything sounds AWESOME, especially the part where you put the party off a week so we could be there!!!!! Thanks!!! Excited to see everyone and enjoy the fun!!