Monday, August 16, 2010

5!!!

So Thursday, my Micah turned five! I know I am a little late on getting around to blogging about it, but it isn't like this kid has gone neglected. In fact, this birthday seemed to drag on and on.

On Thursday he opened up presents from Chad and I then we went to the water park where my friend Al had made him cupcakes. He got to Skype with his Ghee and Papa to open his gifts from them. He has the best commentary. This time he said "Oh my crap!" when he opened a car track. I think that means its a winner. Then we took him out to dinner at TK Burger (his choice).

Friday we threw a low-key party of just cake and ice cream and had close friends and family come by to celebrate. Fortunately or unfortunately, my dad scored some great Angels tickets for the night, so he hustled the party. I don't think I have seen a party start and end so quickly. I actually had Micah say "OK sing to me!" Soon the guys were out the door and enjoying a baseball game. Too bad some of our guests arrived after Micah had left. Whoops!
Saturday, the birthday just kept coming. He got birthday money from my grandparents and from his Ghee and Papa, so we headed to Toys R Us to let him pick out a couple of things. Surprise, surprise, he picked out a car transporter and more cars! We won't be buying another car for a long time.

The next day he said it was still his birthday. That is when we had to explain that a birthday is one day, not a week, but this year seemed like the exception to the rule. That's OK because we love him and think he deserves to be spoiled. Micah we love you, you rock and we love watching you grow!

2 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

That's a cute idea- to skype while opening gparents' gifts...I'll have to remember that:) Happy Birthday Micah!!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Micah is so fun to celebrate! His present opening comments should be videoed next year. Glad we could celebrate!