Thursday, August 5, 2010

Some thoughts

Nothing huge to post on, so I will give you a few thoughts.

I am getting ready for my ladynapping. My best friends are taking me away for the weekend (I don't know where yet) and I am so excited to get away. Chad is going to have the kids alone for three days. I think he will do great, but probably be happy to see me come home by the end. The only real concern I have is of Brooklyn wandering off.

Speaking of, I had to call 911 this week. My first and hopefully last time. I won't go into it too much, but give you the quick story. I was making dinner while the kids were watching Spongebob (or so I thought). When went to check on them, the front door was open and Brooklyn was gone. I hadn't even heard it open. I ran around screaming for her. Lucky for me, I have a great neighbor who chucked her shoes and went sprinting around the complex. She was found safe and sound. We are going to have to install a lock way up high now!

As another first, I got myself a library card recently and we have been enjoying checking out lots of books. We usually grab about 16 or so at a time. I think I have become somewhat of a children's book snob. I will usually like only 3 or 4 of the 16 we check out. The rest I read and when I get to the end I say "That was lame." The ones that I would recommend would be Toy Boat, Mars Needs Moms, The Dumb Bunnies, The Hallo-Weiner, How I Became a Pirate, Dog Breath, and a few others I can't think of right now.

I decided that I had had enough of the mood swings from the last miscarriage. I went and got a low dose of Prozac and it has really helped. I was hard to go in and ask for help because I am independent and stubborn and feel like I should be able to fix things myself, but hormonal imbalances are something I couldn't fix. I am feeling so much more like myself now and wish I had done this earlier.

I rediscovered my love of reading. Chad encouraged me to start reading the Harry Potter books. I don't like getting sucked into trends, so I guess I just wait until it isn't cool anymore. Well, I am already on the third book and I am looking forward to the rest of the series. I think I might read the Work and the Glory books later, I've heard good things about Hunger Games and think I will get around to Twilight (after it is totally uncool).

I am trying to be a coupon clipper, but honestly, I am not too good at it. I try though! In fact, I have a stack of them sitting next to me I need to cut out. If only the diaper coupons were for half off!

Our summer has been really mild until the last few days. It is warming up and that means my hands and feet are sweating like crazy. The computer keys are getting a bit of a bath. I am already looking forward to it cooling off again!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Tanya said...

that is so scary about Brooklyn...I am so glad you are starting to feel like yourself again. and we really need to get the kiddos together sometime!! :)

Kristyn said...

I never hear the door open when Thacks opens it either! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Mars Needs Moms made me cry - I love that book.

Soooo excited to see you tomorrow!

Ali said...

Have so much fun this weekend! I'm excited to hear all about it (hint hint, take pics:) I'm a bit of a book snob too...I love the ones that rhyme and if the rhythm is off, it's too much! Coupon clipping is WORK...and then I always forget to use them! That's why I stopped. But I SO admire anyone that does and wish I had a good system. Oh, as far as running goes? For my long runs, I always have to go before Jeff gets out of bed (we've been getting up at 5:30am) which means I have zero energy that day for anything else. I justify it all cause I know it's a means to an end and this won't last forever- but it's been fun!

Chelle said...

Scary about Brooklyn! Do you remember when Kaleb ran away & a Mom found him wandering around by the school? I am a huge fam of deadbolts up high!!! Glad you're feeling better & getting into reading too :) Oh, and seriously...how do some of these children's books get published?!?!