Tuesday, August 31, 2010

On me

Blogging seems like a bit of a chore right now. Is it just me or is there never enough time in the day? I feel like my day is so full all of the time. There are meals to make, kids to dress, clean and entertain, floors to clean, dishes to do, errands to run, bills to pay, shows to watch, crafts to do, callings to fulfill, etc. Anyways, I am trying to take the time to do it. I have a lot coming up soon too and I think if I can get in the habit of doing it, I will make sure to do it through a crazy schedule.

Anyways, I wrote a while back that I got on prozac. Well that didn't last long. Days after starting to take it, I went on my girls trip to Vegas. That was an eye opener for me. All this time I had forgotten who I was. I had lost myself in motherhood and was feeling lost. I had forgotten what I was all about. My rose colored glasses came off and my confidence was failing me. I was able to open up completely with my friends and tell them how I was feeling and they were able to relate. I was feeling alone and they knew exactly how I felt. It was great to be understood and take the time to be away from my responsibilities to just be me and get to know me again. As an added reason to ditch the prozac, my sensitive system was effected by the medicine. I was suffering all the side effects they warn you about. The worst has to be one called aorgasmia...I won't go into this, but leave you with the fact that if you are feeling bummed about life, the last thing you need is to be affected in that way! Oh, and having your arm randomly twitch wasn't cool either. I told you I have a sensitive system. Anyways, I realized that I need to take better care of myself in all this. I need to know who I am and enjoy time for me too.

September will be bringing a lot of changes to our house. We are going to be busy here. Micah starts school and soccer and I am pretty certain I will be tutoring again. I am excited and nervous. I know Micah is ready for school in a lot of ways, but in other ways, I am nervous. Sometimes he can pull an attitude that I know would get him in trouble. Where does he get that from? I am excited for soccer to start for him. I can't wait to see him play a game. i really hope he likes it. Sometimes he can be like his dad and decide he doesn't like something and that is the end. I want him to be a little more like me when it comes to sports. As for tutoring, I am glad to be going back. It is nice for me to do my own thing, bring in money to contribute to the family and enjoy the company of some fun kids. I guess we can say goodbye to lazy mornings like this for a while......looks like it will be a busy and exciting fall!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Tanya said...

yes it does sound like your schedule is about to get crazy. (but fun too) Is Micah starting pre-school or kindergarden??? full day/half day. Kevin starts pre-school next week but it is twice a week until mid october then it will be 3 times a week (that is purely a financial decision, lol) It will be fun to have Adam do stuff he is interested in instead of always doing what Kev wants to do. I am excited for the change and am sad to see my little boys getting so big (especially kev)...I am sure you know what I mean.

Ali said...

I didn't know you tutored...what do you tutor?

Thank goodness for girlfriends that really KNOW. I'm so glad you got that weekend! I think I'm due for one. :)

Foy said...

Glad things are going good. Your kids are adorable and so lucky to have such a great mom.

Jennifer Dyal said...

So I love that I go to check your blog after writing my own, and find that I really am not the only one. I'm glad you got to take some time away. I think we all need it. Hope your first days of Sepetmeber and school, and SOCCER (wahoo!), are marvelous! Love you, Rach!