Thursday, August 26, 2010

A trip to Utah!

Sorry for the lack of blogging. I honestly think I am not the only one who is losing their zest for blogging. I am noticing more people are blogging less frequently. What is up with that? Not sure, but I will work on it!

Anyways, Monday morning (more like crack of dawn) we made a trip up to Utah. My parents didn't like the idea of me traveling alone with the kids (Chad was getting alone time) so they had me jump in the RV with them and we hit the road. We took a stop in Las Vegas and I had to take the kids to the M&M and Coca Cola Factories. We did the Taste of the World sampler. They give you 16 flavors of Coca Cola products from around the world. My kids, who rarely get a sip of soda, were in heaven! By the way, something was wrong with the Beverly. It wasn't nearly as gross as I remembered it from last time.

We stopped at the MGM and saw the lions. Brooklyn loved them and wanted to pet them. It looks like she is in this picture, but they were behind thick glass, so no worries.
Then for lunch, we stopped into the Rainforest cafe (a first) and it was a hit. The animals kept the kids pretty entertained. Then it was back on the road again!
We got into Utah around 7 and sat down for a nice dinner and then the kids decided to golf in the backyard. Fore!

Tuesday was a full day. Don took Shelby, dad and I out quading. We actually took utility bikes (a first) and we got dirty! I wish I had taken my camera with me to catch it, but we decided to be minimal. We packed a lunch and headed out. We went into Pine Valley and then went on a hike (Jim wanted to kill us). We were heading home after lunch and Micah got to ride up and down the rode with Micah. Look at his face. Pure joy!

Oh the hotness of the next picture...by that I mean none at all whatsoever. Anyways, we took a quick rest and then we were off on our next adventure. We went shooting skeets in the desert. I shot a shotgun and hand gun (first for both). They are very powerful! I was OK at it. I think I would have been more into it if I wasn't so hot dirty and tired. Maybe next time.


Since this trip was full of firsts, I had to mention that on our way home from shooting, Don had a first. We stopped for a drink at Sonic. I can't believe he has never been! Anyways, Wednesday morning we packed up and headed home. Micah was all too happy to see us go. He reminded us several times that we were leaving and he was staying with Ghee and Papa. I am sure he is having a blast being the center of attention right now!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Sweet glasses Rachel:) How come you can make anything look good? No FAIR.

Tanya said...

sounds like a fun (and exhausting) trip but those are the best kind. And what are you doing with your time with just one little one at your side???

Sarah said...

HOW FUN!! What a great get-a-way! And I agree with you, I think it's summer, and I have lost the zest fro bloggin, but I will get back into it!

Kristyn said...

Fun!

Was the Beverly the one I drank? I can't remember. But whatever it was, it will live in infamy! :)

Foy said...

Looks like so much fun!!!