Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm THAT Mom

I never thought I would be the type of mom to have charts and jars and systems. I guess I thought my kids would just be perfect (ha ha). Well, I decided I needed help organizing this crazy life of mine and trying to keep it all in my head was too much work. The results: Chore charts and Listening jars.

Just to clarify so you all don't think I am a messy person, I keep my house pretty tidy all the time, but I decided to assign a room to each day. I try to spend a little extra time in that room to do a little deeper clean than the normal.
To my credit, (or discredit...it's all in how you look at it) I haven't been really good about using them all, but I am taking baby steps. Now I better go and get to all the chores that I have assigned myself!

P.S I have to give credit to Ashley for the chore charts. She made really cute ones and I just copied!

6 Quick Thoughts:

The Bradys said...

Seriously chore charts and jars are the best- the kids get so excited about them. Im in the midst of making new ones for my kids as we speak. And like you, I do the same where I assign different chores to myself on certain days- it makes it so much easier for me to not make excuses in the crazy hustle and bustle of normal life. The kids charts look super cute!!! And I may have to have a jar for Jackson and his whining- cuz its driving me BONKERS!!!! Good thinking!

Ali said...

Oooh, yours are pretty! I like the idea of doing a room a day too- that is brilliant. I'm trying something new right now for myself, but if this doesn't work, I'm totally going to try yours! Love it!

Brynn said...

i love that one of brooklyn's chores is to put her sippy in the sink...that is so cute :)

ashley said...

your chore charts are awesome- great job!

Kristyn said...

So you and I are opposite in that I always THOUGHT I'd be THAT mom who makes charts. And then I don't. :) Great job girl.

And btw, you are one of the cleanest people I know. So tell yourself that on one of your more messy days!

Chelle said...

You are so cute! I always thought id b that mom too & im not...not that im good at cleaning without them either! Maybe someday...