Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stale bread=Duck pond

Tuesday I noticed that I had nearly a whole loaf of bread that had gone stale and we didn't have any plans. What do you do when you have stale bread? Feed the ducks! I decided to take the kids back to my old stomping ground and went to TeWinkle Park in Costa Mesa. I remember spending many afternoons there and having a blast. They have a couple of big duck ponds and a huge playground. We got right to feeding the ducks. They were hungry!When we were out of bread, we walked to the other side of the park and played on the playground. The kids loved it!I just happened to snap this shot as Brooklyn ate a handful of sand. Gross!We were really hot and decided it was time to head out and get a slurpee. On the way out though, I ran into these two trees. They are growing right next to each other and it almost looked like they were dancing. I had to get a shot. Enjoy!

1 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

How fun to go and feed the ducks, although I am always afraid that they are going to bite my ankles ;)