Monday, April 18, 2011

Burned

Here is what we have been up to lately. First off, we are working on potty training. Not super successful, but working on it! B tends to sit on the potty for hours and watch TV, so I don't know that she is actually comprehending that she is going or if it is just kind of falling out like it would be in a diaper. It's a start...when is the end?Brooklyn is also really into picnics lately, so we will have impromptu picnics in the front yard with a blanket and applesauce. It's a thrill for her and super easy for me!
Saturday we went to the beach as a family. The weather was just too nice and I have two kids that love the beach! We got the best parking spot on a fluke and headed down to Thousand Steps (still feeling it). Brooklyn and Micah were so excited to finally use the chairs that grandma got them.
Micah hauled water up the beach all day.
Chad catching some rays...too many of them. Actually, he is anti-sunscreen, even though he saw me and the kids lathering up before hand, he didn't want any. He said when he lived in HI, he naver put sunscreen on and never burned. Looks like times have changed because she got burned so bad, he swelled and hasn't been able to sleep well since. Whoops!
Micah running up with more water. Always on the move.
Look what I have!
Chad and his girl.
More sand fun.
Playing playing playing
Don't forget snacks!
Who would have thought you could have so much fun with a water bottle?
That's all for now! See you next time and yes, I know I haven't gotten around to a giveaway. I think I am going to have to make something. Catch you later!

5 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

I like what you did to the last half of the pics, they look kind of retro or something. I think that's how potty training normally starts. Good luck!!!

Foy said...

Looks like fun! Love the beach!

Unknown said...

We went to the beach on Sat too, it was beautiful, and like Chad, I am anti sun screen, but it really works for me, I get burned then the next day it's turned into a nice tan. I love the beach and how the kiddos are entertained for hours!

Sarah said...

That was me, not Austin! :)

Ali said...

Sweet pictures:) I have to pull teeth to get Jeff to wear sunscreen too...guys just don't care- until it's too late! Oh man, potty training...enough said. Good luck!!!!