Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vegas!

On Tuesday we hit the road for Vegas. We got there in the late afternoon and checked into our awesome hotel room at Mandalay Bay. Chad got a sweet deal and when I think of sweet deals I usually think cheesy. I was wrong! The place was huge and this was our view:

This was our view at night. I don't think it could have been better!
Anyways, after checking in, Ghee and Papa came to meet us. We hoped on the tram and headed for the strip.
Where did we land? The Coca Cola Factory of course! Where else would we take the kids? Anyways, we ordered the Tastes from Around the World (16 flavors of Coke products sold around the word) and the variety of coke floats (8 flavors of Coke products with a scoop of ice cream.
Yum! When I finally sat down, they were half way through the floats. I made everyone taste the Beverly. That stuff is terrible. Seriously, I don't know how you enjoy that!
Micah simply loves the fact that I freely let him drink sodas. He loved every last drop!
Brooklyn loves Coke!
Then we headed to the M&M Factory. I know, we don't stray much from what we know.
The kids loved choosing their overpriced goodies.
Micah found the NASCAR car. I had to retrain him from jumping in and taking off in it. Don't take your eyes off that kid for a second!
Brooklyn found a boyfriend...
...and sealed the deal with a kiss!
Candy yet again.
Then the kids jumped in the car with Ghee and Papa and off the went to spend the next couple of days up in Utah leaving us free to do what we want. We started out with a dinner out.
Then we did a lot of relaxing.
We did some shopping and more eating. The food was great (pricey too...what happened to the cheap buffets). We were so mellow. I have to admit it took me a while to relax. I have been so high strung lately. This time away gave me the time to really think. Usually I get thinking and I feel overwhelmed or stressed and then the kids interrupt me and keep me too busy to lead to any conclusion. This time I got to think through it all and I got to look at my life from the outside looking in. I feel so relaxed now! I needed this so bad. Yay for vacations and some time away from the kids. I have to admit though after just a few days, I missed them so much! I was so glad to see them again.
Ghee and Papa took great care of our babies. They were spoiled rotten and came back happy, healthy and with a whole lot more toys and clothes! Thanks for giving us a break Ghee and Papa. P.S. After this picture, I trimmed Micah's shaggy hair. I'm ready to shave that mess off!

3 Quick Thoughts:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Sounds like perfection- I am SO glad that you guys did this! We're going to Vegas in two weeks with the kids and reading this made me excited :) Yay for time to think things through and relax and spend time with that awesome guy you married. Hugs to you all!

Chelle said...

I can't belive I forgt to ask you about your trip this weekend! It looks so fun. Nice that you got to play with the kids then relax without them....perfect!

Kristyn said...

How could you not like the Beverly?! Just kidding.

Glad you could clear your mind, Rach!!

Now it's time for a trip to Santa Maria now! :)