Thursday, April 21, 2011

Random Thoughts

1. When did Easter creep up on us? I get so used to seeing the next holiday's decor show up in the stores before the first is over that I don't even worry about it. I know that I have time. You know what I am talking about. When you walk into Target the week of Halloween and the Christmas section is already being set up. It makes you want to panic a little, but then you realize that they are WAY ahead of schedule. I did this with Easter since I was seeing the Easter Bunny booth being set up at the mall before V-day. Now we are only a couple days away and I think the Trotter's Easter Bunny is going to have to go into overdrive tonight!

2. B is sick. Bummer, hope she isn't sick for Easter. How weird would it be to miss church and Easter Egg hunting on Easter? I think we will have to get her well before then!

3. I have a Hello Kitty party to put on for Brooklyn. I was all over it at first, but then I realized I had time. I have a lot of ideas in my head. I think we all know the fun is in the details, so I want to have some fun details. However, I don't want to stress over the party, so we will see the day of if I cut some out for the sake of my sanity. I can't do it all, but I can do a lot! By the way, I was hoping to have some little Hello Kitty cupcake flags and tags for the party. I found some on Etsy, but I was wondering if I can make it. Does anyone know how to do graphic design?

4. I have useless ESP. I will either have dreams of things that will happen or a random thought that pops into my head that ends up showing up in my day. Only once or twice has it had any real meaning, otherwise, it is totally useless. For example, I will have a dream about the conversation that we might have at breakfast. "Can you pass the peas?" "Sorry, they are all gone." That simple and stupid. This morning I woke up with the song "It's Raining Men" in my head. Haven't heard it in a looooong time, but it was in my head. Lo and behold, Cookie Monster started singing it on Sesame Street. Of course it was raining cookies in his version, but you get my drift. If only I could predict earthquakes or the lottery!

5. Money and budgets suck. Just when you think you are getting to where things are easy, something always pops up. The car has trouble, the kids break something (love them anyways), etc. I am glad Chad and I are on top of budgeting. We never spend more than we make and have no debt, not even a car loan, but I am looking forward to a day when I can be less vigilant in taking our budget into consideration. Maybe one day I will be able to shop without having a budget!

6. My kids are growing up! Micah is almost done with his first year of school, he no longer needs a car seat and he is old enough to help me with chores and cooking dinner. Brooklyn is in a big girl bed, we are working on potty training and she is getting to be more independent and less shy (yay!). I have to admit I have felt a little baby hungry. Right now, we just can't. Our tiny place and budget dictate that decision. I think it will be a while before this family sees another baby and by then, who know if we will want to go back to diapers and napping schedules and sleepless nights? I can enjoy my nephews and my friends babies and get my fix that way!

7. Have you ever tried Piloxing? Awesome! Bootcamp is over for me and it is just to pricey for me to keep up with, so I am working out on my own. I have been using Cox Freezone to do exercise videos. They have Piloxing (Pilates and Boxing) and it gets you sweating like crazy. I recommend it. I think Yoga is on deck for tonight.

2 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

Piloxing sounds fun-- I'll have to remember that once this baby is out...for now I'm tempted to just sit on the couch and watch it and see what it's like:)

I hope B feels better by Easter...

Chelle said...

I have useless ESP too...isn't it annoying? I used to think it meant something. I remember once I dreamt a whole conversation with a guy I didn't like (which said something because I was too shy to talk & it was a on-sided conversation). I tried to read something into it & was paranoid that I was supposed to date him or something, lol! Brooklyn was better by Sunday, right? That would be horrible to stay home with a sick kid.